2012 trip report - Mayhem and Meltdowns aka Travels with my Family and Other Animals

Thanks. It breaks my mum’s heart. Dan is an absolute…I’d probably better not say, and we didn’t like him that much before but we certainly don’t now. John has tried to apologise but he just walks away. I don’t know how he has the energy to hold a grudge this long!

5 Likes

Oh, such a great report! The ups and downs were a roller coaster in themselves :wink:
I remember reading your 2016 report and it was quite different!
Funnily enough we were there in 2012 for DSs 18th…great minds!
Oh and he got those exact same Batman Converse…:joy: (I spied them in one of your pics!)

5 Likes

Yes it was a very different trip!!

We’re so similar :joy: Kids the same age, same trip, same trainers!

4 Likes

Started reading through this and it was like Deja Vu! I realized I read this way back when on the Dis Boards :smile:

5 Likes

That’s so funny :joy::joy:

4 Likes

Thanks for posting this…and the photos were awesome. This last installment just reinforces my horror at the idea of travelling with a group. Are you doing HRH in the middle of your trip again? POFQ is the only resort for us; everything else is just so big; and I love the boat to DS.

5 Likes

Yes, we arrive on 2nd Aug and will be at HRH 7th-9th. Travelling with a group is not for the faint hearted, this group anyway :joy::joy:

6 Likes

I was so impressed with SeaWorld rides! SoCal had a Manta ride and my father and I loved it.

2 Likes

They’re amazing! We haven’t been back so I haven’t done Mako, I really want to but I’m not sure I can justify another ticket on top of WDW/Universal and on-site stays at both.

3 Likes

I don’t know about the one in Orlando, but the one in California has been running super good discounts on the tickets. Attendance has been low because of all the drama. They also started a meal plan that is really cheap. If you eat a full meal and a snack, it pretty much paid for it.

3 Likes

What do you mean you “would” lose your mind, I think that ship has sailed my friend😉

I tried to include my cousin on a mother daughter trip once, and she drove me mad. The trip with the kids grandkids and spouses went ok, I just let DH handle things, and bailed for the villa when I couldn’t take more.

5 Likes

I love Animal kingdom and Kali is one of the few rides I will do. It’s my thrill ride. Like Bella, I love getting wet ( when it’s blazing hot at Disney).

I have never been to any of the Universal parks, so it is I retesting to read about them.

5 Likes

Well she wasn’t wet at all the first time :joy: We persuaded her to do it without the poncho the second time and she did get wet. It was very refreshing!

4 Likes

I was so disappointed wheb we did KRR last time because none of us got wet! We are used to Grizzli River where we always end up soaked.

3 Likes

We did Grizzlies River Run for the 1st time in our 1st ever trip to DLR. It was a bit chilly, and I was glad to be able to walk back to GC right after to change. We almost always get wet on KRR. GRR seemed more exciting, maybe a tad longer…

3 Likes

It does seem to be hit and miss on Kali. One person always gets soaked through.

4 Likes

I put it right in the middle of a September day when we go on our next trip. I really hope we get wet to cool down!

2 Likes

Well there is that…:sunglasses:

6 Likes

@missoverexcited- I wanted to comment this morning,but instead I had a contractor adventure (3 different contractors deciding to show up while I’m in bathtub). After I told them I’d be dressing betw 10;30-11:30. Cape Cod contractors, oh boy.

I digress.

Anyway, just wanted to say your 2012 trip report was a hoot. Do we belong to the same family haha? Your husband being the melt-down boy on 1 day, then your last day at MK so funny, I was laughing out loud this morning, good thing I had such good laughs b4 crazy contractors showed up.

On our last trip, it was adult(most of the time) Ds who had the epic meltdown, which lasted from time we hit Orlando til next morn, when we arrived at MK (which cheered him up, the goof).

He insisted on doing almost all driving from Cape Cod to Orlando, which we always do nonstop on way down, oh boy. I think he was pretty much zombified by Orlando, so I of course forgave him. Not sure if Ddil did, I didn’t ask.

Thank God for the Welcome Show that morning, hope they will bring it back someday.

5 Likes

In my experience, Grizzly River Run is longer, more exciting, and more likely to get you wet than Kali River Rapids.

It’s almost like they took all that was wrong with KRR and made a better ride in California, or something… :wink:

5 Likes