20 Years Later - A Disney Story

So I have a funny/cute story.

On FOP, as a single rider, I was added in to a large, multi generational family on their first ever trip. I got seated next to Grandpa, and he was having a blast! Whooping and hollering and OMG’ing. It was adorable!!! Seeing this family experience it for the first time was truly special. I may have gotten a little verklempt. :unamused:

22 Likes

Ooh you did good!!! Enjoy! I’ll be curious for your thoughts :slight_smile:

This is always one of my favorite things, especially on something like FOP but at WDW in general. It genuinely gives me so much joy to see others falling in love with my happy place :slight_smile: And I cry at everything so I get it :wink:

5 Likes

When DH and I went to CG for first (and only time) we were seated in a back room w/ a view of the roof :unamused: The CM could tell I was NOT happy; I wanted to dine and see the magic not AC units. They did offer to move us, so don’t be afraid to speak up. BTW: my DH declined the offer to move :unamused:

2 Likes

Oh I will say - do not allow them to seat you in the tiny room alllllllllllllll the way around to the left. It’s a small room and could be nice for a large group, but it affords zero view of Seven Seas Lagoon at all and is noisy being nearer the kitchen than other sections.

4 Likes

They put me in that room on my first visit (to both CG and WDW). It is the worst. It has a view of nothing. Correction. It has a view of the toilets and the trash cans near the Garden Wing.

4 Likes

Kali was a walk on.

Went to see the tigers but they were hiding.
Now guess where I am (for the first time ever!!)

18 Likes

I hope you like it!

1 Like

Sitting down and rehydrating while I wait for my spot at the Sacred Spaces (where I’ll likely be DEhydrating hehehe.)

I enjoyed FotLK, although I assume it would’ve been even better with the monkeys.

Also, I can honestly say that I’ve enjoyed this solo experience. Getting to talk to people and watch others enjoy things and NOT be the one responsible for my companions happiness has been incredibly freeing.

26 Likes

Achievement unlocked:
Enjoy the Sacred Spaces.

Jenns Tattoo

Togarashi Tuna Bowl
Side of yucca fries

18 Likes

Review:
Jenn’s Tattoo - delicious! And I’m not even a big watermelon fan! Not too heavy on the alcohol, nice and refreshing.

Togarashi Tuna Bowl - also excellent. I’m not usually a huge fan of kimchi, but this was good! I didn’t eat the edamame bc I’m supposed to avoid soy.

Yucca fries - this was a huge disappointment. I grew up eating fried yucca that my Puerto Rican aunt used to cook so I was expecting something similar, but these were dry and not sweet like i remember yucca. Maybe it was a bad batch. I might try one again if some one else was ordering it.

All and all a successful visit. My only sad is that I was sat outside all the way in the back by the door so that I couldn’t see any of cavalcades or any of the water. There was a nice blast of air conditioning everytime someone went in though! :laughing:

13 Likes

After this I’m probably going to head back to relax before tonight’s Boo Bash.

6 Likes

I always have to take prayer flag photos. They just speak to me.

The tiger enclosure is inspired. One of my favorite places in the World.

Thanks for your AK morning!

Oh, yes. Dropping the mantle occasionally is liberating and, hopefully, rejuvenating. :two_hearts:

5 Likes

I hope you make it to CG and are seated at a wonderful table with great views and eat all the yummy foods. Definitely try the wontons! Also the souffle dessert is a neat experience and worth trying.

3 Likes

Oh yes, the won tons are yummy :drooling_face:

1 Like

Pretty sure I’m going to get a double order and a salad on my next trip. They are so perfect and yummy!

1 Like

Oh good idea.

1 Like

Time to head out!!

28 Likes

You look fantastic!!

5 Likes

Aww thank you!!! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

4 Likes