2 Ollivanders?

I’m noticing there are 2 Ollivander Wand shops, is one better than the other or should I try to visit both?

The Ollivander’s in Diagon Alley is bigger, has more than one wand show room, and, to those of us obsessed with Harry Potter, is the only “authentic” one, as Ollivander’s was in Diagon Alley, not Hogsmeade, in the books/movies. If you are able to take your pick, I would go with the one in Diagon Alley. I can see no reason to visit both, as they would offer the same experiences.

2 Likes

Glad to see I’m not the only one that thinks it’s wrong to have 2 of them! I also plan to visit DA first as in the books. Thanks for the quick reply!

Starting in DA is the only way to do it, in my opinion. You will have an amazing time!!! :grin:

2 Likes

In Diagon Alley they also do “wand selection ceremonies” The actors are TOTALLY into it. It is fun - not a MUST see - but fun if you can time it right. Purchasing a wand in either shop is craziness contained. Everyone is nice and polite - but it is crowded and people are very much on top of each other. The checkout is very efficient - but the sheer volume is unreal.

Thanks, my daughter bought a wand back in 2011 and I don’t plan on buying one. I remember the store was packed and we didn’t really get to look around. It looks like we are going there when it will be much less crowded so I’m hoping get to enjoy it.