2 days only Touring plan

Hello all. I am frequently on the app chatting but seldom post here in the forums. I need help. I am trying to plan out our days for Sept 10th -15th. We have 2 park days and 2 water park days, no chance of adding more (sucks but it is what it is). I tought planning 2 days would be easy well I was sooo wrong! It seems even more stressful to pick the right park and the right touring plan.
Let me tell you a bit about my crew so you have something to base your recommendations on. We are a family of 4 (2 adults 1 teen girl 1 teen boy), we have been to Disney a few times so we know what we can skip, Husband is NOT a morning person so we have to balance early mornings with sleep in days. All of us are night owls and again we only have 2 park day with hopping and 2 water parks.
Here is my dilemma: We must do the new AK Pandora stuff but I have decided we can skip ROL even though we have not seen it. We must do MK and see HEA ( i have BOG breakfast and lunch for EMHpm day but thinking that may be bad), We must hit Epcot for a little bit to get Soarin TT and Pick a pearl (tradition for daughter). We have QSDP and will not do any TS. Only must do meal is BOG breakfast or lunch we dont care which.
I would lideally like to do:
Water park ( opens later so thats good)
Rope Drop a park (nap and evening at 2nd park)
Water Park
Rope drop a park (nap and hop or return to same park)
So i have narrowed down to 3 possible plans and cant decide which is the best choice. (sorry this is getting long)
Option 1:
Sunday Sept 10th Arrival day No plans
Monday Sept 11th Epcot then AK in the evening with FPs (but AK has morning EMH and we want to see Pandora at night so im worries it will be pretty buy by the time we get there at 3ish)
Tuesday Sept 12th Water Park
Wednesday Sept 13th MK 8am BOG, take afternoon break return for the eveing EMH
Thursday Sept 14th Water park and Disney Springs

Option 2:
Monday Sept 11th Water park
Tuesday Sept 12th Epcot am (it has pm EMH but RD may not be too bad) then AK with FP
Wednesday Sept 13th MK BOG lunch 1250 (probably wont make rope drop because of later night at AK on Tuesday but we can try and leave for a break after lunch and return for EMH around 6pm)
Thursday Sept 14th Water Park then Disney Springs

Option 3:
Monday Sept 11th Water Park
Tuesday Sept 12th Epcot RD, AK with FPs in the evening
Wednesday Sept 13th Water park and Disney Springs
Thursday Sept 14th MK RD (closes at 9pm so may not be able to take mid day break) currently do not have BOG but I have Reservation Finder working on it incase its a better plan. This is listed as the best day to hit MK due to the previous night being PM EMH if its significantly less crowded then Wed’s EMH it might not matter that we will have 3 less hours to tour.

I know i am probably stressing over this WAY to much. Any insight from a more sane disney brain would be greatly appriciated.

If DH is not a morning person, then I would probably alternate Park and WP days rather than putting the two early days back-to-back. Although there are may things I would do differently if I had a total of 4 days, given the choices presented, I would probably go with option 1

Where are you staying and what time do you arrive on Sunday? I’d prob push Disney Springs to Sunday night.

Since you want to do headliners at EP and AK, those are natural rope drop choices. Then you could go to MK later, maybe just in time for a late BOG lunch, and to see the castle show and HAE? I’d suggest RD Epcot then Pandora that night, and the second day RD Pandora (assuming you weren’t able to get on both headliners there) then MK that night. I realize this would require you to cancel the BOG breakfast reservation…

I am open to different suggestions :wink:

1 Like

We will arrive Saturday and move to our onsite resort Sunday. Staying at POP
We will spend Sunday doing pictures at various locations for my daughter’s senior portfolio.

We do currently hold a BOG breakfast for 9/13 @ 810am and a BOG lunch at 1250pm. We will only do one and i will drop thebother once i make fastpasses. I am looking for a BOG on the 14th in case that day seems a better choice for MK

I’m going to go with Option 1 too. Id spend Sunday night at DS or QS on mono line and watch Hallowishes from Poly beach. Since you have limited time I’d def use those MK EMH on Wed.

This is what we do…but it does require two early mornings and potentially not going back to resort. AK and EP are the hottest parks so I would do them early.
Monday: EMH 8:00 at AK, use FP for Pandora and other favorites. Eat some snacks in AK and nap at resort or my choice hop to MK and nap in CoP ;-), late lunch at BoG, get more FPs, stay at MK until close. It will be busy so focus on walk on attractions.
Tuesday: water park
Wednesday: water park
Thursday: EMH 8:00 Epcot, RD Soarin, SR test track, pick pearl. Take nap at resort or my choice - nap in CoP. Hop to MK, Save FP for MK headliners. Stay until close.

1 Like

I actually fell asleep during CoP last August, unintentionally! I’ve never fallen asleep like that anywhere else lol!

To throw something else onto the mix, I will be there at the same time and will be going to MK on 9/11 for Flag Retreat @ 5:00pm. After visiting the 9/11 Memorial in NYC in December we decided this was a must do for us.

1 Like

Thinking maybe alter this to do
Option 1:
Monday Sept 11th RD Epcot then head to AK in the evening FP 1 Pandora ride enjoy the atmosphere in Pandora and hit the Non Pandora stuff.
Wednesday Sept 13th AK RD hitting 2nd Pandora ride maybe a quick EE and Dinosaur too :slight_smile: Head to MK for BOG Lunch stay for evening EMH

(If i can get a BOG for 9/11 or 9/14 I may move things but my daughter would really like to eat there so Im working with what i have)

Thinking maybe alter this to do
Option 1:
Monday Sept 11th RD Epcot then head to AK in the evening FP 1 Pandora ride enjoy the atmosphere in Pandora and hit the Non Pandora stuff.
Wednesday Sept 13th AK RD hitting 2nd Pandora ride maybe a quick EE and Dinosaur too :slight_smile: Head to MK for BOG Lunch stay for evening EMH

That looks like a great plan. Probably it will be easier to get FP+ for Flight of Passage in the evening on 9/11. On 9/13 you could just RD the Na’vi River ride and save your FPs for MK. But if you get lucky and there’s a morning FP available for Flight of Passage on 9/13, that might be the best way to go. Then you could do the bio-luminescent river in the evening!

I’m really tempted to add MNSSHP too… oh the planning brain overload, I love/hate it at the same time.