2 days at Disney, but NO parks

Going to be in Florida in April for some college visits for our daughter.

We’ll have 2 free days in Orlando, and no park passes. I can’t justify spending the money on single day tickets.
We are Disney veterans, but have never had that much free time outside the parks during a regular vacation.

Here are some of the things we plan on doing, some we’ve done before, some will be new…

Disney Springs a bunch (and will take advantage of the buses there to any resorts)
Splitsville - patio food/drinks and people watching
Dole Whips at Swirls on the Water
Gideon’s - PB cold brew
Boat rides to Port Orleans - gotta get them beignets
Raglan Road - Guinness!

YeeHaw Bob

Monorail resort crawl
Poly beach for MK fireworks
Skyliner resort crawl
Boardwalk for Epcot fireworks
Boat to WL for Geyser Point

Mini golf maybe

Any other suggestions or advise would be welcomed.

7 Likes

Animal Kingdom Lodge!

5 Likes

Beignets at French Quarter

5 Likes

I second this! Get the bread service at Sanaa then explore the resort and check out the animals.

I would also add Spa at the Grand Floridian

5 Likes

Yes, we did exactly that on our last trip a couple years ago. On our split-stay-resort-change day, we did lunch at Sanaa and roamed around AKL.

One trip we had 3 park free days

Highly recommend a good book and a beverage by a pool.

1 Like

We had 1 resort day in the middle of a 14-day trip. :joy: And I felt antsy that day like we were wasting time. :joy:

(But we really did need that resort day and it was good to go a little slower a couple of other days, like finishing up at 4pm or starting with brunch before heading to a park.)

:blush: Wait 30 years.
Then see if you’re antsy with one non-park day in 14. :wink:

If you’re lucky enough to still be thin and arthritis free, you’ll probably still be antsy on that one day. :relaxed:

3 Likes

Funspot America for the 4 level go-kart track. Cheap by Disney standards.

Have you been to a water park?

Have you thought about how you will get back to DS to your car after fireworks?

1 Like

Just reading your trip report made me tired! And you have some very little ones, too!

1 Like

Water Park is something we thought about.
I think busses will still be running to get us from resort back to DS.

Not sure if they have been started again since covid but many of the DVC buildings offer complimentary walking tours and they are really impressive if you like the theme of the resorts OKW has the legend of conch flats, I really enjoyed wilderness lodge…

2 Likes

Big fan of Fort Wilderness. Take boat there and see new stables then take internal bus to meadows area…canoeing is cheap and fun. Stay for campfire.

1 Like