1st time at UOR: Is Universal Express worth it?

Yes, I am planning a trip for up to 5 next September and it seems a rollaway is an option.

1 Like

Sapphire falls and up allow five in a standard two queen room. The value resorts and below do not have that option.

We had 5 in a HRH standard room over the summer…3 were kids (13, 10, 8) though.

Interesting. Another family might be coming with us. They’d have their own value resort room. They are very into staying onsite. But I was thinking that we might stay in the cheapest Premier for a night or three and put two of them with us, for express pass. Both families are Mom, Dad and Daughter. So, on the room reservation ours would be 3 adults and two children. We wouldn’t need to worry about actually fitting in the room.

We are looking to return to RPR CL again (three of us) and I think my son and his girlfriend might join us one night. His room decision will be based on if we completely skip Disney parks when we move to BWV, or if we decide to go to EP/HS.

I have only ever had two adults and three children, never four adults.

Yes. We did a split stay with 2 or 3 nights at universal and then I think 5 at disney. It worked out well. Express pass was worth it.

I’ve done something similar where my parents joined us later in a trip and we were actually moving to a Disney villa that last day anyway but we pretended like the 'rents were staying with us at Hard Rock to get the Express Passes for them on their arrival day and they joined us around noon and were able to get that perk without actually being in the room so you can have more adults in your room than 2 for sure even without them actually staying there. Whatever the additional price may have been if there was one was still less than an express pass.

2 Likes

So how early on your check-in day can you use Express Passes?
Does it have to be after check-out for that day?

No, you can check in before the parks open.

3 Likes

Thanks
OK it looks to be about 30-40 minute Uber to get me there from Poly
And so I reach the Eternal Question.
How quickly can we check out of from Poly… with a six-year old. :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Send someone down to check out and hail uber, have them meet you and RUN. lol

Seriously though even half a day with Express you can get a ton done.

1 Like

Another thing on Express Passes. Single Rider isn’t available.

In Feb, for our first visit, instead of using child swap, DH and I each rode single rider for the big rides that DD was too short and too scared for. We both rode a couple of times in the time for standby. But, now you don’t have that no-express shortcut, so express passes are more valuable. .

I drove from Pop to Universal 2 weeks ago, it took me 16 minutes from parking lot to parking lot. Hopefully your Uber doesn’t take 30-40. Plan for that, but you should be ahead of schedule getting there.

5 Likes

We have only gone to Universal when it was crowded (Christmas/Spring Break). EP was worth it’s wait in gold for us!

1 Like