1 Woman, No Worries, LOL

Nomad Lounge

I did not think of that. I only know that you aren’t supposed to. I’m sure people dropped stuff all the time by accident. So what you say is likely. They are brave little guys.

2 Likes

So an iffy AK start turned out to be…
MAGIC!
Loved it. Even alone.

Now I need to go hunting in my resort.
Tomorrow is the that park.
The one that Disney isn’t adding time to.
The one that everyone drinks or medicates them selves over.

I
Need
Fast
Internet
Connection
And
I’m
Going
To
Find
It
Before
7am.

7 Likes

Oh my, I laughed out loud and my husband looked at me as if I were crazy.

2 Likes

My, yes. Loki is definitely my thing.

1 Like

Your trip report is great. Have an awesome day at HS.

1 Like

I hunted for the best internet speeds.
I hunted High.
I hunted low.
The front desk told me that I couldn’t stand on their side of the desk.

WiFi a bust.

LTE mot much better.

Best I could find at CR - in front of The Wave check-in area.

6:45am
I march to MY spot in the lobby.
I got this.
I was prepared.
Only me and my watch with the second hand synced with time.gov

06:59:59
Hit the button…

Wah wah

I failed to secure a BG.

5 Likes

So sorry you didn’t get a BG! I’m sure you will have a great day regardless. Hope you have more opportunities. I am loving your writing style and so enjoying this trip report!

4 Likes

Supportive heart on your failure to secure a BG. There’s a second chance at 2:00 - right?

2 Likes

So sorry. That is frustrating.

1 Like

I didn’t cry.
I ordered food. That’s what my family is good at, eating. I never needed a BG for grandma’s cookies.
I marched my pajama’d hiney to the 4th floor, grabbed my muffin and sausages aaannnnddd my Gold Peak.
I marched back to my room.
I’d love to whine about the fact that I don’t understand how a company that is relying on internet so heavily doesn’t have good internet. No more magic bands and spotty connection will make us nuts.
Ok?
Ok
Once again I hadn’t intended to do RD.
Once again I found myself on and off 2 rides before my planned start.
Oopsy
Marched in DHS at 9:35am
Marched on RnR at 9:40am
Marched onto ToT Line at 9:53 am
Marched across the park to ST.
Longer march for this ride but off before lunch
Now I’m way ahead of my plan.
Let’s march through GE.
PLUS I was on a secret mission.
Oh and imagine this, no RotR. It’s marched right off everyone’s day. Lots of droid repairs not done by procedure.
I stopped marching and played for a few. Used that fancy app to make noises and light lights. I’m a technician but can’t fix Rise. Maybe good internet speed would help.
I marched up to some Storm Troopers or 1st Order dudes whatever they were. I’m a fan but not a FAN.
They were heckling resistance travelers from the roof. Yeah, “How ‘bout you come deown heeeyah, tuf guy?”
My goodness, lots of travelers now in the trough areas, DB7, Ogas.
Aaaaaaannnnd Everyone wants to be Chewy or Han.
I think I marched in circles. I’ve never seen such a mess of queues EVERYWHERE!
It’s perfect for the disorganized and random thinkers. Not for planners.
Finally
Den of Antiquities
My brother is a FAN.
This den is not right. That old skit from Abbott & Costello flashed before my eyes. I mean you wait in a line to get in and everyone is standing in the form of a baseball players on field in the shop. “Who’s on 1st, What’s on 2nd…” and no coach.
I slid into home base. I honestly think I stole it. Still not sure.
All I wanted was pics of light saber hilts for the FAN and 2nd born. He said he might want one. So I talked Bantuuish with this CM. I am not sure but I think I bought a planet.
Chase is gonna love me.

12 Likes

DHS GE

3 Likes

Speaking of baseball, I planned to be at BaseLine Tap House around 2:30 pm. It’s only 12:40.

Speaking of crazy queues I found the mother load of Dalí inspiration when I rounded the corner down from ABC Commissary.

MMRR
Wow
Wowee
Wow
Who the heck dreamed up this Runaway Queue. This should be an example of how to absolutely put OCD people in their graves.
People were everywhere and no where. Dalí would’ve thought it was art. I thought it was ‘other side of the looking glass’ madness.

Some how, I found my way to the ride. Good news, the wait was half what was posted.
Bad news, I have a headache from the imaginary switchbacks. That rabbit is going in my stew when I catch him.

But did she like the ride?
Yes but not enough to ever wait in that crazy again.

And now we are 30 minutes from 2pm.
Do I go ahead and try for a BG knowing it’s been a rough day for RotR?
Yes. And so did everyone else. I was by myself when I sat on the wall near Indy. By 1:50 the whole park showed up.
I’m proud to say that I, by myself, made it to the 3rd Join button before
Wah wah

I heard nothing from anyone else either. Bummer for all today.
Let’s have a drink! And a pretzel!

Speaking of drinking and eating, BaseLine is popular for both.
Too popular and not much seating.
Packed all around.

I walked on by. ABC Commissary was packed also. My family must not be the only family that drowns it’s sorrows in food and booze.

I grabbed a too expensive water and plopped my rump on a ledge near Dalí land.
I reflected on my day. Confusion is what I came away with. DHS confuses me. Always has. The only thing that makes sense is ToT and RnR.

The crowds thinned a bit and my wall was becoming too popular.
Too close.

I walked a straight line to BaseLine.
A very straight, uninterrupted, direct line.
In 10 minutes pretzel and Bloody Orange Cider in hand…
No tables.
Yay.
For about 2 seconds I thought I might try to guilt someone into giving up their table. I’d have a melt down…
“I’m all alone, no friends, no BG, dehydrated and hungry because of MICKEY and MINNIES CRAZY TRAIN…”
Then I spotted a table by a trash can.
Beggars and all, I took it.

That cider was heaven. More grapefruity than orangy. (LazyD line for spelling forms here)
Still divine.
The pretzel was a pretzel but very good.

I people watched, weather watched because some dark clouds were heading in, and enjoyed my snack.

Now I need to decide, “should I stay or should I go.”

8 Likes

BaseLine Tap House

2 Likes

MF or SSD?

I am a lover of german wiener dogs. That’s one in my profile pic. She was the last for a while.

So SSD

Woof!

The posted wait is 65 min. It’s somewhere around 4pm.

Woof!

The line is back to the DVC kiosk. I forget what intersection of Hollywood streets that is.
Grrrrrr!
We slinked our way, slowly to the loading platform. I had 2 monkeys in front of me. Grandma & Dad left them at the real entrance. They were entertaining but not paying much attention to boundaries.
GRRRR!
Monkeys will be monkeys.
Woof!
Total wait, 59 min

GRRRR!

Worth it!

Woof woof!

I posted to liners that I felt kinda bad about being alone and riding MFSR. But liner wisdom helped me get over it.

‘Tail wag’

So I slinked over to GE. Thanks to lower crowds and my earlier exploration I knew exactly where to go.

Aaaaawwwooooo!
The queue started at the Millennium Falcon. What a treat considering that earlier it had stretched almost to the GE entrance.
Woof!
I think it was 5:30ish. On the ride 6ish. So much fun but I think that it would be more fun with a pack. I was deemed a scoundrel.
‘Tail wag’ woof!

This pup is pooped.

DHS is a park to plan for but be ready to divert power from the forward thrusters and pull a hard right to starboard on command.

I say this for those that need to hear it. Social distancing is not happening here. It’s too small and tight. No one is to blame. So if you DO NOT LIKE THE CROWDING DO NOT GO TO THIS PARK.

Sorry DHS but even I had issues and a lot of deep breaths all day.

Hard pant!

11 Likes

I ordered takeout from ‘The Wave’ after I got back to CR. I waited until I got to the resort to say I was there. It took about 30 minutes for a salad, gnocchi and dessert. Oh and they have that fabulous Grapefruit Hefeweizen. I had to pay for it this time though!
FYI I’m a tipper, a good tipper. The host refused the tip. Said they were not to accept tips on take out. I don’t know if that’s normal or social distancing but the app also didn’t allow for a tip.
The meal was fabulous!

5 Likes

SSD, GE

DHS XMAS

Take Out From Wave

Today is a “free day”. A “I will do what I like’ day. A “I slept in day.”

I’m currently at Disney Springs. Cloudy and not too busy at the moment but I know that will change.
Went to WOD first.
Again no social distancing can happen here and the check out AGAIN is a disaster.
Kinda like Whack-a-Mole or a pin ball machine.People every where and no where again. People looking at things that line the cashier pathway. Looking at phones. No one looking up at the ‘Hey this cashier is open’ sign. I know I felt like whacking a few people.

Ate at D-Luxe.
Very good. If you’ve never had Garlic aioli with your fries, do it. Do it from now on.
You’re welcome

7 Likes