1.5 days with First Timers and MVMCP

I’m doing some planning for my adult sister and 2 friends visiting the parks (staying off site) Dec. 8 & 9. Both days have MVMCP going on. They won’t be able to get to the park until 1:00 PM on the 8th. Neither friend has ever been to WDW so they plan to focus on the MK. What do you think is the best ticket combination (2 day pass? MVMCP + 1 day pass? 2 day pass + MVMCP?) What do you think are the must do attractions, shows and meals for adult (in their 40’s) first timers? When can you book FPP and ADRs?

I would say MK is a good place to spend a visit that short for first timers especially. I honestly think since they can’t get to the part until at least 1 on the first day maybe MVMCP that day (and they can get in at 4, possibly monorail resort hopping/exploring until then…there’s always Dole Whip at Poly or a late lunch at a resort), and a one-day ticket for the next day.
Definitely the classic rides and a few of the “big ones” like 7DMT, BTMR, Splash if weather permits, Buzz Space Ranger Spin etc…

You can get into the park at 4:00 for MVMCP? Really?!?! That would make a big difference.

Yes - a MVMCP ticket gets you in the park as early as 4. The riffraff get tossed at 7 so just party goers have the park to themselves then. Do note it gets really busy starting at 4. But I agree with haylekk that MVMCP day one followed by a one day ticket is the way to roll given a 1PM earliest arrival. If they still want to arrive at 1PM exploring the MK resorts would be ideal. Do a monorail loop and check out the Xmas displays there and then jump over to Wilderness Lodge (or vice versa) and check out the giant Xmas tree as well. You can catch a boat from either MK or the Contemporary to WL. The 4 MK resorts all have excellent Xmas displays that are worth checking out and you can easily kill 3 hours doing that, especially if you combine it with a late lunch…

1 Like

Ohhh! All this talk of Christmas decorations is making me want to go too. Can you get FPPs for the MVMCP from 4:00?

1 Like

Yes, you can FP from 4- about 5:30 or 6, I made the first FP around 3:30-4:30, then you can line the others up to overlap so you get 3 in before the party.

1 Like

We’re going in mid November and it makes me wish we could go in December!

1 Like

Let me clarify, FP doesn’t let you “overlap” but you can place the ressies sequentially, ie I did 3:20-4:20, 4:25-5:25, 5:25-6:25, something like that. Knowing that you can check in as early as 4pm, fast walk to hit your 4:20 then see the others. When it allowed me to set up one 6:20-7:20 on MVMCP party night, it cancelled that one :frowning: and I had heard others warn of this. Regardless, it is still a lot of time to play.

1 Like

Sorry to take forever to reply, it’s been one of THOSE weeks already and it’s only Tuesday lol!! Come on Disney…!!! :smiley:
Yes, you can enter MK as early as 4 pm w/ a MVMCP ticket!! The actual party festivities don’t officially begin util 7 but you have that option. It does get a bit more crowded from the 4-7 timeframe when non party goers are still there and party goers are arriving but at 7 the crowded dip substantially! I think this is an amazing plan for your friends!! :slight_smile:

1 Like