WDW Reservation Finder in Beta Testing

Thanks! That is what I did. This is such a great service you guys offer and has always worked well for me in the past.

1 Like

So I put three searches in and all of them have a Blue status. It says Search Active. Not yet checked.
How long does it usually take until the ADR starts getting searched for?

Have you hit refresh? My ADRs were always checked multiple times a day.

I just want to say how AWESOME this tool is. I have put in multiple requests and have been able to get some pretty hard-to-get reservations like Hoop Dee Doo, Ohana, Be Our Guest to name a few. I will say that you need to be on top of it and get right to the reservation page as soon as you get the text/email. Thanks!!

Thanks Len and TP staff. Reservation Finder is simply great. It has helped me find or change ADRs for BOG, CRT and Coral Reef. This is an amazing tool. I can’t imagine what it would be like to visit WDW without the Swiss army knife of tools you put in our hands. Thanks. How do we send $ tips to you?

We are working on changing the URL shortener that is used in the notifications. The problem is if Google thinks we are doing something malicious, they will block all shortened URLs for the day.

If you get a Google error when clicking the link, you can search the Disney Site and if the ADR still is available it will show up.

1 Like

Thank you! This is simply amazing and wonderful! I could only get a 9:30PM O’hana reservation and within days received notification and was able to get a 6:15PM- exactly what we wanted!

1 Like

Just wondering, the link says it will search for a reservation within 60 minutes of that time. If I put in a 5pm time, will it search 4-5p and 5-6p or just 4:30-5:30 or 5-6p? Just want to make sure that I understand the 60 minute time frame it will be searching so I can put in the correct time. Thank you in advance :slight_smile:

It will search +/- 1 hour. A 6pm search will notify you for any reservation found between 5pm and 7pm.

1 Like

GREAT! That is exactly what I was looking for! Your the bomb @SteveBloom! Great tool!

I have successfully used the Reservation Finder three times now to get ADRs!

If it weren’t for the Finder, we more than likely wouldn’t have gotten in where we were wanting. Thank you again to the fine folks who make this happen because I know it isn’t easy.

I am re-posting something I posted in the Dining forum per a suggestion there:

I entered a search into the reservation finder today looking for a lunch spot. (I chose “Lunch” from the time drop-down list.)

I just got a hit for 5:40 PM. Now, I am as flexible as the next person, but that seems a LOT like a dinner time and not a lunch time. I am not sure if you are using a Mechanical Turk to do this or not. If you are, someone needs to be taken to task for essentially violating the rules.

I appreciate that this is in beta (and has been for the last nine months), However, as feedback, this wastes everyone’s time since I had to log back on simply to re-start the search. users will be worried they are going to get the same hit again in a few hours and their search is being wasted.

At a minimum, you should follow the same definitions of “lunch” and “dinner” that Disney uses in its reservation interface.

Here is evidence for your tech team:

Thanks, and keep up the great work!

Used it for the first time today and it works like a charm! Saved me tons of time! Love it, love it!!

1 Like

Part of the problem is Disney’s definition of breakfast, lunch, and dinner. If you request a specific time, you will be alerted +/- one hour from the time you entered.

On enhancement we would like to make is a start and end time to search for.

Are you saying that Disney’s website will return hits for 5:45 PM when a users queries for lunch times?

I have never seen hat, so it would be quite a shock for me. Can you give an example of a restaurant query that does this?

@SteveBloom @len
Thank you for the notification that we could book HDDR in January.

Unfortunately, when I used the link, the reservation was unavailable.
Apparently Disney has yet to release dates for HDDR still.

Just an FYI for you. Not sure how the notifications are triggered, but this one was false.

Yes, this happens. Depends on the dining venue, actually. The “breakfast”, “lunch”, & “dinner” options are disney-defined, not TP defined. If you go to Disney’s site & try to book a reservation, that’s what could come up. TP is basically doing the work for you by going into Disney’s site & doing what you would do.

The last few days the text notifications have not been coming through. Is this a known problem? Anyone else missing the text messages but getting the email?

Yep, same issue here. No texts.

1 Like

Yes, we are aware of the problem and are working on it.