Update on WDW Crowd Calendar Updates

@len We leave next Wednesday, are the #'s for November 18th-25th correct on the crowd calendar now? If not, I would love to know how they are looking now, pretty please :relaxed:

Same question as above poster. We leave in less than 3 weeks for Thanksgiving weekend, and MK still has 5 out of 10 and 7 out of 10 crowd predictions for Wednesday before Thanksgiving and Thanksgiving Day respectively, even though the prior year ‘actuals’ were much higher. With the economy better this year than that, I am still thinking the Wednesday prediction, at a minimum, seems too good to be true! I’ll take it, of course…

Fairly stable. The two dates in orange are between MVMCP dates, I believe, and we’re seeing higher crowds for those.

I wouldn’t worry about the dates with 1 point increases. Relatively minor, especially if you arrive early and have a touring plan.

Here’s Thanksgiving week for the MK. The updated model still says a mild Wednesday Thanksgiving Eve. It will be interesting to see how that plays out.

@len Looks great, our 2 MK days didn’t change at all. I will optimize my plans the day before we leave just to have the most up to date info.
I will watch for Epcot, HS & AK to update on the CC, as you mentioned, within the next 24 hours.

Thank you again!

1 Like

Ouch. Thanksgiving is a 9 now! More in line with last year, though. Good thing we are leaving the park that day really early, although we will be back in the evening and will have to contend with major madness for fireworks and light show.

@Len, trying to figure out what this means. Are these for MK only, or park wide? We were/are planning to go to MK on 11/18. A 3 to a 6 seems pretty huge. Is it worth changing our parks around, so that we go to AK on the 18th and move our MK day to the 19th. Do you think we would be be able to get FPs for MK on the 19th and for AK on the 18th? Not sure what to do.

They’re for MK only. We’re still looking at the other parks.

I’d check for FastPasses at MK before you change anything. If you’re using a touring plan, though, and arriving early, you may just want to stick to your current schedule.

Sadly, that was a day that we were going to arrive at noon, since we’re going to the Christmas Party and staying late the night before.

Is there a way to check for fastpasses without giving up the ones we already have?

What about Disneyland @len? Vets Day on Wednesday is still showing a 2!

Working on that today. It’s not going to be a 2. We missed that, because it takes too long to update the calendars. To his credit, our Disneyland guy Guy has said it’s going to be higher for a while.

We’ll work on getting this process faster. I apologize for how long it has taken.

With construction eminent in DL for the new SW land- I would think that park will be packed by locals and people from the region for the next couple of months before it starts. A lot of stuff will be closed there for a long time. I don’t think it will dissuade AP holders from going once it begins, but unless they do something to reduce the overall costs associated with going there, DW attendance is going to decrease considerably in my opinion once construction is in full swing- and ‘Disney’ people will opt to go to Florida for the time being. DL just doesn’t have the land mass to ‘mask’ the construction process like WDW does.

We live in AZ, and almost switched our WDW vacation to DW for this reason. I think some on the fence will switch, and the only reason we didn’t is that we are visiting friends we haven’t seen for a long time in Tampa after the WDW part of our trip. Hope he is considering this as a factor- because IMHO it is a big one.

It’s going to be a huge construction project, and it’s going to impact how people get to New Orleans Square, what’s left of Frontierland and Critter Country. We’ve had Guy counting the number of guests who flow through the areas to be closed, and we’re trying to estimate where they’ll go instead. It’s going to be an interesting 2016 for Disney’s domestic parks, that’s for sure.

@len, are you going to make these changes in the crowd calendar so they’ll work for touring plans? We’re scheduled to leave for Disney soon and want to print off our plans before we leave.

Yep - we’re loading them today. Let me know if there’s anything I can help with for your trip: len@touringplans.com.

Thanks very much @len.

Thanks @len . Just saw Fred’s blog on the crowd calendar updates. Then I checked my home page. Almost every day went up 1-2 levels- interesting. Here is the link to Fred’s blog for those that want to read it:

I am anxious to see what happens to wait times for each attraction. We won’t be switching things up since we are rope droppers for the most part, but the days we have a later start will probably be affected. Will be interesting to see by how much. Thanks, guys, for all your hard work on this. We all appreciate it.

1 Like

I received an email from touring plans this morning indicating that the crowd levels had been updated. Do you think this means wait times are also updated now? I wasn’t sure if this email was the notification mentioned in the blog post yesterday since it didn’t mention wait times specifically?

I received an email as well but I re-evaluated my plans and still nothing.

No len said they would announce the wait time update when it was completed and uploaded.