Making Optimized Personalized Touring Plans with FastPass+

You get 3 opportunities for each park. EP and HS have “tiers”, with 2 opportunities in one group and 1 opportunity in the other. Check out http://touringplans.com/walt-disney-world/fastpass for general FPP information and links to the park-specific information.

1 Like

which park? You get 3 per park, and that number is all you need for Magic Kingdom and Animal Kingdom. Hollywood Studios and Epcot have tiers so you get one from the group of most popular items and 2 from the other group. I can look up the list of what is in each group if you need.

1 Like

Jinx. All three of us must have been typing simultaneously.

1 Like

Now, can someone expound on this: “…enter an FPP reservation that covers the arrival time for that attraction (I usually have the TP arrival time in the exact middle of the return time).”

I’m really not an idiot, just a bit overwhelmed with information. Thanks again for the help!

I have to admit, I struggled with that particular instruction myself, and I ended up ignoring it.

But looking back, I think what it is saying is that TP will suggest FPPs and also prioritize its suggestions for you. Take the first FPP that it recommends and enter it into your FPPs. When you enter the time, make it so the suggested time would be in the middle of the return time. For example, if your TPs suggest Soarin’ for 12:30 pm, enter your FPP as 12:00 pm, which would be the start of your return time. (The entire return time in this case - assuming you can get the reservation - would be 12:00 pm to 1:00 pm, which makes 12:30 pm in the middle.)

(If this interpretation is not correct, someone let me know.)

3 Likes

I see now. So for example, I am practicing on my HS day. I have entered all the attractions and shows I want to see and expanded the FPP window and now I type in “1” for the Opportunities in group ! and a “2” in the Opportunities for group 2… Right?

Yes! It is confusing the first time. It gets easier. I promise. :wink:

1 Like

@RobertSch6 has pretty much summed it up - let us k ow if it still does not make sense.

Right. Then Optimize and see what it comes up with.

I’m getting it! Thank y’all SOOOO Much!

2 Likes

For what it’s worth, I generally get my FPPs for a relatively early spot in the return time, so that if we’re running behind, we’re covered. Perhaps an example is best:

The TP sez you’re getting to Space Mt at noon.
I generally try to schedule the FPP for as close to 11:45am as possible.
This gives us leeway to get there 15 minutes early if we’re ahead of schedule,
but leaves us as much as 45 minutes if we’re running way behind.

I have found that there are a lot more circumstances that can leave one behind
(ride closures, bathroom breaks, whatever) than one being ahead.

Of course, your mileage may vary, but that’s my experience.
Given that there’s an hour window on FPP, it’s reasonably flexible though.
We’ve never missed our window.
Go well.

1 Like

Also FWIW, we do the following:

1. Make TP by choosing what we wish to do, including breaks/meals/shows.
  2. Optimize.
  3. See what kind of time we have & fill in with more stuff.
  4. Optimize.
  5. Optimize.
  6. Fill in 3 FPs.
  7. Evaluate & find all the time you’ve saved & fill in with more stuff appropriately.
  8. Re-evaluate
    Repeat steps 7 & 8.
1 Like

This is my favorite step :slight_smile:

Side note- HS is a difficult one with all the shows… it will try to get you there 15 minutes early for a show, but for some things (e.g .Fantasmic), you need at least 60.

1 Like

Any tips for adding in character M&G in HG? I tried to just put breaks in but really don’t know how long to allot… Thank you!!

What’s the difference between the Optimize button and Evaluate button? I don’t see anything change with the evaluate button…

Evaluate just takes the steps in the order listed and predicts the wait and walk times. Optimize takes all the attractions, breaks, and FPP reservations you have listed and puts them in the best possible order. So, if you have already Optimized a plan and haven’t moved anything around after that it will just give you the same result.

Paging Dr. @brklinck.

Here’s how I understand it:

Evaluate takes the steps you have and gives you the estimated times for each based on the set up you are using.

Optimize is the TP suggestion for the most efficient use of the parks based on current crowd levels, so it will rearrange everything into what the app considers to be a logical order.

Dr. @brklinck, please correct me if I’m wrong.

Crud, curse me for being a slow typist.

The Doctor has already seen this patient - please see above for the chart notes. :wink:

3 Likes