Making Optimized Personalized Touring Plans with FastPass+

There really isn’t a good time/wait ratio. For example, you could make a plan with lots of attractions like PPF, which is pretty short but has long waits, or another plan with lots of attractions like HoP, which lasts much longer but usually does not have long waits.

The stats really come into play when you are comparing different plans for the same set of attractions. For example, you could compare plans on different days, plans with different sets of FPPs, an “Evaluated” plan in an order you want to do things in vs an “Optimized” plan, etc. I suppose you could also compare plans with minor changes to them, for example what happens to the overall wait times if we ride BTMRR twice.

Thanks @brklinck used your advice and instructions at midnight yesterday and got all the FPP that worked best in our touring plans for January 2 through 8! Even had no problem getting AE meet and 7DMT. @len the optimizer showing what is actually available day of was very helpful.

1 Like

Glad it all worked out for you!

Is this function up and running? I don’t see it when I’m making PTPs. Wondering if I’m missing something. Thanks!

It’ll be on Lines within 24 hours. It’s available on the site here; Walt Disney World

1 Like

I try to get an average wait time of under 10 minutes per step. So for a plan with 22 steps, something like 220 minutes of wait or less. That includes showing up early for shows, which typically have you arriving 15 mins in advance.

An average wait of under 8 minutes per step is very good. I’d run those in the book.

Hi @amyscherz looks like Len beat me to the response! Good luck.

I don’t see the optimize til stable button for my plans. Please help. I only see optimize and evaluate. Once optimized I add FPP to 3 longest wait times right. Thanks.

There is no optimize until stable button - what I mean is that you keep clicking on Optimize until the results no longer change.

Hey @len, wondering if the option will ever be available to “Lock” attractions to a certain time, while still Optimizing all of the other attractions around that one? Like for example if I wanted to ride Kali River Rapids at 2pm, since it’s the hottest part of the day, and don’t care if it’s with a FPP or not, would there ever be an option to lock it at 2pm, but let the Optimizer run all the other attractions around that?

1 Like

Great question

@mALYficent @len @jec4289

WORKAROUND:

Put a “break” time in for the time you want to ride it (2pm).
Check TP wait times for what the estimated wait time is at that time.
Account for walking time to/from the attraction & how long the ride is.
Make that the duration of the “break”.
Name the “break”: RIDE KALI NOW.

TP will fix that KALI “break” in time (i.e. leave it at or around 2pm).
Problem solved. :wink:

I’ve done this many times.
TP behaves really well when you tell it exactly what you want it to do. :slight_smile:

Go well.

4 Likes

Thanks @ejj. I guess it’s a good workaround for now, but I hope this can be incorporated as a proper feature soon

Is there any point in my creating Touring Plans before 60 days out when I obtain my Fast Passes? Because once I obtain the Fast Passes and enter them, wont it change my plan around quite a bit?

Also, I noticed the pre-made Touring Plan entitled MK Happy Family Two-Day Touring Plan, did not include any items from Shows, Parades and Diversions. IS this by design and if so, why? Thanks a lot folks! Trying to muddle through all this!

I don’t know the answer to your second question, but regarding your first one…

There isn’t any point prior to 60 days out from your check-in date to book your FPPs. Your TPs offer the times for FPPs as suggestions, so you’ll want to try and get them close to those times if possible. But you’ll probably need to do a bit of re-optimizing and re-evaluating once you have your official FPP times.

1 Like

By making your TPs before 60 days out you will know what FPP reservations to make when the day comes. The above strategy helps you come up with a plan that will make best use of the FPP opportunities that you can book.

Not quite sure what you mean here - I see items from ‘Shows, Parades, and Diversions’ on both days of the plan (for example, the evening parade and Wishes)

1 Like

You’re right. I now see the parade and firewrorks at the end of both days. Thanks!

I thought it was very helpful to make a personalized plan before the 60-day FPP date. As a first-time visitor it gave me a much clearer idea of what time slots and attractions I should try to get for my FastPasses. Have fun!

1 Like

Where do I get the information to answer this? “Tell us how many FastPass+ opportunities Disney has given you for each group:”

This is from TP at the following link: http://touringplans.com/walt-disney-world/fastpass?utm_expid=12488259-45.tjgVK8BGQcKGsUFC1hAQsw.0&utm_referrer=http%3A%2F%2Ftouringplans.com%2Fmagic-kingdom%2Ffastpass%3Fv%3Dfm

I hope this helps.

Here’s how FastPass+ works at Epcot: The park’s attractions are divided into two groups:

Epcot FastPass+ Group A (Choose 1)
IllumiNations: Reflections of Earth
Soarin’
Test Track
Living with the Land

Epcot FastPass+ Group B (Choose 2)
Captain EO
Journey Into Imagination With Figment
Mission: SPACE Green
Mission: SPACE Orange
Spaceship Earth
The Seas with Nemo & Friends
Turtle Talk with Crush
Epcot Character Spot

The FastPass+ computer system will allow you to choose only 1 attraction from Group A, and 2 attractions from Group B. You’ll notice that Disney has in Group A the attractions with the longest lines. Disney does this to ensure that most guests get access to either Soarin’ or Test Track for their FastPass+ selections.

1 Like