Magical Vacations Travel (2018)

mgcaekdb:

Mileage seems to vary from stories above. For me at the POP, it was a full third off the rate on the WDW website at the time. For an 11-day trip that was a lot! Sorry, not sure what Mods are.

will

1 Like

Iā€™m currently pricing a trip in December. I had already booked rooms at POP and the MVT quote came in $700 less for a 7 night trip.

We booked Port Orleans with MVT. We saved about $60 a night last month.

We booked via MVT for 13 nights 14 days. Had booked it myself at best rate and time I could find. MVT was $1000 cheaper than I could get. I got meal plan and tickets as well. In the fall special I have poly for 12 nights and 13 days and figuring out what I could have gotten it for via Disney web site I saved $4500 with no meal plan but tickets. Bad thing about it is you canā€™t get Disneyā€™s trip insurance. You must find your own and they are Not cheap in comparision. I was pointed to mousesaver for this and checked out their trip insurance comparision program. It cost me $150 for my first trip which I cancelled to go with MVT. In comparision the lowest I could finds was $300. I am sure their were cheaper plans but you got to look at what they cover and what Disneyā€™s plan covers. Mute point really if you donā€™t go via Disney as you should find trip insurance.

@mgcaekdb, Iā€™m having trouble finding that post. Iā€™d be interested in reading through it. Can you give me the thread name?

It is on the Lines chat. Iā€™m not sure how to tag you on there. Any ideas?

1 Like

I read it and I can give you the jest of it. Basically Disney tried to charge their credit card on file for their rooms. They did say that it was quite easy to correct and their MVT agent took care of it. Hereā€™s the deal as far as I can tell. You are dealing with two departments in Disney. MVT uses the Disney Business and Convention Department in order to get the deals they do. The other Department is the Standard Disney Travel Agency and I think this is where the mistake probably happened. Many liners out here can vouch for MVT and I personally start my first MVT vacation in two days. So far itā€™s been a good experience with Darcy as my agent. Guess time will tell but for now it looks to be just fine. I had Darcy get me a Disney receipt so if anything like what happened above, happens to me, I will have proof of payment. Hope this helps.:sunglasses:

3 Likes

Thanks! Iā€™m using MVT and have been very happy so far. Itā€™s always good to know about potential hiccups to look out for, though.

I spoke with Darcy at MVT through email yesterday and Iā€™m kind of bummed. I am waiting to set up a trip in February 2019 and I wrote her and asked if she knew when the agency deals with be available for those times. She responded that they wonā€™t get their deals until September. I was hoping to be able to book something sooner than that when Disney releases their packages for next year. But I guess I can always book something and then possibly cancel if Darcy can get me a much better deal. Just kind of stinks. Nothing against Darcy or MVT, she has been great and very quick to respond!

While not intentional, this is what I ended up doing, I had a reservation I booked through DIsneyā€™s website originally, then read the Big Book more thoroughly and after reading the section on MVT called to see what they had and got about 1/3 off my existing reservation. The swap from my original booking to the MVT one went smoothly (in the parks on day 8 of 11 now!!!) with all ADRs and FPPs happening as they should have. The swap was all well before the T-180 deadlines for ADRs, so no concerns (founded or not) about ADRs disappearing on a room reservation swap.

will

We have used Kristen also and she is wonderful! Responds promptly with any questions and/or issues that we may have and so easy to work with! This is our second trip using her and I would highly recommend this agency.

1 Like