"Liners Running In Disney" - runDisney & Training Support Thread

I do know that all my years of Bikram yoga have been a big help in running. Yoga really helped me in “listening” to my body and the breathing techniques and other mental aspects of yoga have just been very helpful.

2 Likes

@SA - my wife is a certified Pilates and Yoga instructor, and when she looked at my Chi Running stuff she commented about how much of it is related to Pilates and Yoga techniques. You do a lot of body monitoring, and they even use the term “listening to your body”.

1 Like

Chi running sounds pretty interesting. I will check it out. I am wondering if any of you use the Jeff Galloway programs and if they really decrease your level of soreness after training or racing. I have used Runner’s World training programs/my own ideas in the past, and I am always sore after a 10 miler or 1/2 Marathon. I have yet to try a RunDisney Event though - would love to do one soon though. They keep selling out so quickly lately!

I use Galloway but am only up to doing 10Ks. No 1/2s for me until PHM in Feb.

2 Likes

I do run/walk with any race. I’ve got knee issues so I’ve got to take it slow. We did run/walk with ToT last year and had no problems. Just practice courtesy when walking and stay to the right. Tons of people do run/walk.

6 Likes

http://www.rundisney.com is the official Disney race site

Thanks!

I’m doing ToT. I’ve done other Disney races, but this is my first night race. I’m a bit nervous about that. I do all my training in the morning. I should probably try a few evening runs, but I am a morning person. I use Galloway and love it!

2 Likes

@sandlb - definitely do some evening training. I find that it is totally different, and that I run much better in the morning.

2 Likes

I would live to do The F&W half in 2015. It sold out before I could register this year. Chi Running has me intrigued, I may get that. After running 3 halfs and a full in a 2 month period, I ended up with a stress fracture. I’m a running junkie. :disappointed: I am incorporating more cross training and yoga now.

2 Likes

We were there during the marathon in January this year too and I was inspired. My daughter and I are slowly working through C25K and are signed up for the Princess 5K. Prior to this, I was not a runner at all. I am not very good, but I am surprised at how much I am enjoying it. In fact, I am doing better than my 14 year old daughter, much to her dislike. It is amazing the things Disney can inspire you to do!

4 Likes

I’m struggling too but not giving up! Go us!

2 Likes

Trying to motivate for my run! Need to get out there in a few…

1 Like

Me too. I’ll go if you go?

I’m out now…jogging up a hill.

3 Likes

Lacing up my shoes!

3 Likes

That is good to know! I will always be a run/walk for the same problem, @BreaSC. I have one knee with no cartilage and the other is just used up. LOL

1 Like

One more cup of coffee and I’m headed out for a 4 mi. run/walk. I’m up to week 4 on the Jeff Galloway beginner training plan for Wine & Dine Half.

3 Likes

Okay, I’m on my way! Just had to get that BOG FPP first, and now I’m on the go! :athletic_shoe:

2 Likes

Ok, you’re all motivating me to get moving now!

1 Like