It's alive! New automatic fax for Disney room requests

What addition text would you suggest @len?

What I should have done with my fax request at All-Star Music is that I would have preferred a second-floor room facing the same direction, if all of my first-choice rooms were gone. Instead, they put me around the corner from my preferred rooms. While I totally understand that reasoning, the view was what I was most interested in, not the floor.

So what I’d do, @johnrd007, is add a sentence that says “If none of these rooms are available, the same rooms either one floor down (or up) would be fine too. I’m most interested in seeing…”

Technically, the staff could have got that from the North/South/East/West directions we put in every fax, but perhaps they’re not able to consult a map in a hurry.

Let me know if that doesn’t make sense.

3 Likes

@ejj I agree 100%. Here’s our opportunity to pay back all of the effort that goes into this site. I’m taking pics at both resorts next trip because neither have photos associated with them.

3 Likes

We just got back from AoA and our room request worked perfect. We requested 3808 and got 3810. It was a perfect room, not too far from the lobby and nice and quiet with the perfect view of the lake. We did online check-in and received an email with our room number when we were on the magical express bus so we were able to go directly to our room when we arrived from the airport.

4 Likes

This is awesome - very helpful. I just updated my request with something similar. I’m in single digits tomorrow and am barely able to contain myself. I feel more excited than my kids, though today my daughter was gripping my shirt with crazed shakey anticipation when watching a youtube of the Akershus princess breakfast. It was hilarious!

AHHH! CAN’T WAIT!

I had the same problem when I tried on my iPad or phone. Try it on your desktop instead. Worked like a charm for me! =)

@len success! Got exact room we requested at BCV today!

3 Likes

Ty for doing this, first of all. I just saw it. I put in the request just now, but we arrive this Wed 3/25. Is it too late?

I think it might be too late, they fax 5 days before arrival to work with the room assigners schedule.

1 Like

it might be too late, but it can’t hurt to try. The worst that can happen is nothing happens.

1 Like

It’s not too late. We’ll send the fax from 0 to 5 days in advance. Good luck!

1 Like

Very excited to see how this feature works for us for our May trip! Love this feature! I tried to be very non specific - just 3 buildings in CBR. I added a secondary request for corner room.

Thanks again!!

2 Likes

Just set this up for my trip in May. Thanks!

I am going to do online check in soon. Should I also copy and paste the same request there?

I saw some discussion above about this, but I am unable to find it again :frowning:

@shawnt7777 - I would do either the online request or this fax request, but not both. We’re told it confuses the staff to see two requests, and the online version doesn’t allow you to type text to make things clearer. Good luck, and let us know how it turns out.

Sounds good and I will let you know. I’ll just do the fax then. Thanks for the service and thanks for the feedback. The site and book are invaluable. I know we are going to have a great trip because of them!

Where do you get the 12 digit confirmation number? The only number I have is the alphanumeric one I got when I made our reservation.

Glad I saw this - I’ll go back to my online check in and remove the requests there - I like being able to send them specific info in the fax. Thanks again for this service!

Is there any benefit to sending the requests via the online check-in if you are using it earlier than the fax would go in? (i.e. would getting my request in earlier (60 days?) give me any more chance of getting my room than the 5 days in advance fax?) I have never used online check in before so I have no idea how it works vs the fax I have now set up.

Also, I am renting DVC points. Should I make a note of the members name I am renting from in the fax?

The last time I did online check-in (and it might have changed, although I don’t think it has), the online check-in requests are very vague and non-specific. The fax allows you to request specific rooms where online check-in is more along the lines of “near the elevator” kind of requests.

No clue about the DVC aspect. Sorry.

So I’m here at POFQ and got a lovely upgrade to probably one if the best views available in building 6 but I really wanted close to lobby. I’ll have to work on my request better next time.

Paid for standard with AP discount.