Give Us This Day Our Daily Thread: Tues 7/22

Happy Tuesday! 53 days here. Can’t hardly stand the wait!

1 Like

@MDU perhaps we should open a thread exclusively for posting images of our best drinks while in the World?! It always helps me to get a visual… :blush:

5 Likes

1 Like

How sad… there’s almost nothing left @MDU Time to fill it up again!

2 Likes

There she is^. And a drink photo thread while I’m in the world would be fun! Might overload the forum though…

3 Likes

Glad to see you’re keeping it classy @MDU - nothing says bloody mary like a red solo cup

3 Likes

Less cups to wash.

2 Likes

Alrighty, Liners - I am off to bed. Late enough for this chica. Looking forward to catching up with you in this thread - and others! - when I get up!

3 Likes

Night night @OBNurseNH. I’m off to Provincetown soon. (My 17yo is driving)

1 Like

I completely understand @teacupspinner!! When we were house hunting, DH let it be known that we wanted acreage. Ummm…WHAT!!! He is the drilling supervisor, manager, engineer for an oil/gas company and travels a lot to visit the rigs, check crews, etc. We have two boys (7 and 4). I kept asking “Who is going to take care of this???” “When are they going to take care of this???”

We ended up with a much smaller lot that probably won’t hold a pool but the floor plan is amazingly perfect for us so we were both sold. And the community is really amazing. :slight_smile:

Enjoy your sleepy time @OBNurseNH!!!

1 Like

Question - how do you (all of you) feel about moving a daily thread to subscribers section?

And I may ask daybreaker if there’s a way to lock the old one and create a new daily thread automatically every day. That would be cool, right?

6 Likes

We need a way to close threads and start new ones - an archive or sorts. I think we thought the whole place was a subscriber section :slight_smile: So I support an auto daily babble thread

Can you also ask if on the profile pages there is a way to add countdowns? You know you will need multiple countdowns at one time.

3 Likes

Anyone can view.

Registered users can post.

Subscribers (current) can post to the subscriber section.

Still trying to work out the best way to reward subscribers without alienating other users.

2 Likes

Works for me @LaurelStewart

1 Like

That’s awesome! So happy for you. I teach 45 minutes from where I live and the kids travel with me to school. I hope/ plan for this to be our last year making this commute. Been doing it since 2005.

1 Like

@LaurelStewart that’s not a bad idea at all. I think having the daily thread in the Subscriber’s section is a good idea. It would help keep it available to the people who actually have an interest in it vs. everyone on the internet. If there is a way to do an daily thread automatically, well heck ya that’s cool!

2 Likes

This is a silly question, but since I’m logged in as a subscriber am I in the subscriber section by default, or is there another place I can post?

1 Like

You can post anywhere (except maybe La Cava, which is based on post count). If you can’t post in subscribers now, you may have to log out and log in. It was a code push this morning.

I think if you look at your profile, you can see which groups you’re a member of.

Was wrong about seeing your groups in your profile.

1 Like

Ummm, I should ALWAYS be able to post in a thread named La Cava! How many posts do you need? I’m on vacation and can’t up my post count as much. I’M TELLING!!! @LenTesta !!!

1 Like

Hi! How do I know if I am in the subscriber section?

1 Like