Bugs!

Some, but not all, badges can also be used as titles. Leader was one of those. The badge remains in your profile if you had it before.

Unless you have a badge that is also a title, you’re not able to pick a title. If you had Leader picked before we did away with it for users, you still have it as a title and a badge, but none of the abilities that came with it like editing other people’s thread titles.

If you’re currently titled “Leader” and you choose another title, you won’t be able to get it back.

I hope that makes sense.

Also, I can’t speak to the issue of “I think I should have earned a badge, but didn’t.” I honestly don’t know the answer. It may depend on the badge.

Well even though I’m sad to lose my leader badge… I got a cool new title. :sparkles::sparkles::star2::sparkles::star2::sparkles::sparkles::sparkles::star2::sparkles::sparkles:

1 Like

Thanks @ejj. I understand the distinction between titles and badges but your post may clear the air for other readers. For one shining moment I did have the Leader title by my name but I was bestowed (in my opinion) the far more suitable title of Boom! which I intend to keep until it is pried from my cold, dead hands.

All of the other badges are certainly not working though, as they appear and disappear from my profile willy nilly. I will direct my answer further to the delightful @LaurelStewart in my next post.

edit: I should clarify that only one particular badge is at issue though I have not been the great mouse detective about every badge.

I keep quoting the Incredibles to myself - “if everyone is super then no one is.” I’m ok with not having a badge or a title, and I’m happy for those that do have them! :slight_smile: I hope all our comments, answers to questions and support make everyone feel welcome. That’s more important than feeling special, in my opinion.

I’m sure daybreaker will take a look at it. We may have broken something. Right now, he’s rolling out the mobile version of the Dashboard.

I dont actually know whats going on with the badge… I’ll check it out.

1 Like

Oh! Thank goodness! (This is where I will not admit that I have read every thread with over 100 posts trying to get that stinking badge)

2 Likes

@daybreaker, could it be only awarding badges in the public forum? I suspect that may be the bugaboo.

Aha! That might be it. Were all your posts that earned the badge in the La Cava chat?

1 Like

I suspect they were. I haven’t cataloged them (believe it or not) but I do a vast majority of my reading and chatting in the subscriber-only areas. I’ve seen many posts in La Cava that should have earned the OP a badge and hasn’t. By Jove! I think we’ve got it! :eyeglasses:

I thought I was the only one slightly obsessed with these badges! :stuck_out_tongue:
:sparkles::star2::sparkles::star2::sparkles::star2::sparkles::star2::sparkles::star2::sparkles::star2:

1 Like

@daybreaker, new glitch. I cannot clear unread category unless I close out page and then log on again.

Hello @daybreaker. I installed the new iOS 8.0 on my iPhone 4s, and now I’m having a horrible time trying to use the Forum on it. I suspect this is just because you all haven’t caught up with the new iOS changes yet, but I thought I’d mention it. Sorry to be a bother.

At this time, I can’t post any photos to the Forum from my phone. As long as I’m just reading and hearting things, it’s all good, but as soon as I try to comment or reply everything goes pear shaped. There’s some sort of window or text box layering thing happening, and it usually takes a few tries to get a comment typed in.

Anyway, it’s not a big deal. It’s not like the Forum needs more Cat memes and photos of my lunch. I’ll probably upgrade to the newest iPhone by Christmas, and I bet the new iOS works better on the new phone. Thanks for all you do.

2 Likes

Um… yes the forum DOES need @SallyEppcot’s cat mems and lunch photos. Sally is a driving force - please fix her bug. Many thanks! :smile:

2 Likes

HAHAHAHA! Now they’ll never fix it.

1 Like

Oh no! Yes, I said “many thanks” and “Please”. Forum would be a gaping hole without you. And your lunch. And cats. xo

1 Like