Bugs!

Also, I just noticed if you click the time the post was posted, it brings up a box that lets you share a link to the thread/comment. Either by copying the URL or posting directly to twitter/Facebook/etc. that’s kind of neat.

1 Like

Oh! That works on my phone!

@daybreaker, if you receive a badge for 10+ likes on a post and then @LaurelStewart takes that post out back and shoots it after 24 hours, it appears the badge is sentenced to obscurity as well. Too bad I’m only hilarious on the threads that are euthanized for old age when they reach the decrepit age of 1 day old.

2 Likes

It work and personaly I like it more that way the converstion flow makes more sense now. I dont think it takes to much place!

It shouldn’t. I’ve been closing threads to new replies rather than deleting them altogether.

Thanks, @daybreaker! It is with the default safari browser, on wifi connection, and happens when I go to the categories three bar icon on upper right of screen and click on latest. I used the link you gave, though, and it worked great!

Okay well there appears to be a bug of some kind because I’ve gotten the “nice post” badge notification (I think) 1-2 times and the badge no longer appears on my profile. The only precise instance I could recall for sure was this one where it shows 12 likes even as we speak and I was awarded a badge for it which has since disappeared from my profile.

Not sure if it’s due to posts getting closed or another reason but if it happened to me, it likely happened to others and you know how butthurt we all get about our badges. :name_badge:

The link you mentioned shouldnt be behaving like that, and I filed a bug with the forum development team.

I just tried to start a new thread but I got a pop up saying that there were other threads like it (one my own thread ). One of the threads was title “kinda a weird question”. Since my topic is about if you can walk out IG after the wind down I thought, well I will cancel my thread and check this out. The weird question is not about the wind down, or EP, or IG. It in fact is about toilet paper at PoP. Seems off to me…

Yeah, I guess you’re right. It would probably also eat up more data.

It only check similarities in topic title, not the post content.

Then when you start typing a post, it checks similarity in other main topic posts.

I like that feature!! It helps to know if I’m asking a question or posting about a topic that has already been posted. Then I can check out those other threads first to see if my question was already answered!! that’s awesome.

otherwise, I just post if I think it’s different enough. that’s a very cool feature!!

But there was no connection to title, content or wording. I mean with a little creativity I could connect the Wind Down with rough toilet paper but I think it is a little glitchy :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Thanks. That works for me.

@daybreaker when I sort all topics, latest on my phone (droid using chrome) La Cava threads show. When I do the same thing on my iPad La Cava threads are not there. I have to go into La Cava on my iPad. Is this a Safari issue?

The “Latest” link has had some bugs that the forum developers know about, and they have some fixes for them. I’ll be applying those bug fixes tonight. Check back tomorrow morning, and if the same thing still happens, let me know, so I can make another bug report.

It works now, thank you!

I left for vacation and my leader badge is gone… (Pouting). How do I get it back??? @LaurelStewart I tried sending you a pm but it looked like it didn’t send and I can’t get back to view it. Thanks. :slight_smile:

I am surmising there is a global issue with badges. I do not earn them anymore regardless of how many times I meet the criteria and ones I earned previously leave in the middle of the night without so much as an “I ran away because you’re bad parents” note. @daybreaker and @LaurelStewart must be contacted about badges frequently enough to have adopted a badge-related-question-force-field for their own preservation. Either that or they both hate me. Either scenario is as likely as the other. As for the Leader Badge @Beachmom01, we all lost those. Len, Laurel and “system” are the only users to retain Leader Badges. I believe it had to do with an unforeseen error in the first days of the roll-out and its subsequent relative un-importance when compared to other issues. You are still a Leader in my eyes and I grant you all Leader privileges on my posts :hammer:

@maccys_mousehouse

There are two issues here: Badges & Titles.

Some badges confer privileges & trust levels.
As far as I can tell, those were mostly done away with, other than “basic” & “regular”
to prevent spammers, & “leader” & “elder” for the actual moderators.
No biggie there.

As for titles, some badges conferred titles on people,
but there were some bugs early on, especially with those
whose user names have underscores – which yours does.

At some point, it seems as if the ability to change one’s title has
been (temporarily?) done away with. My “leader” title, as have
a number of others’ seems to have been “grandfathered” in. :wink:

All the other badges seem to be working as designed as far as I can tell,
though with you having the underscore in your name, your mileage may vary. :slight_smile:

Hope this helps.
Perhaps @LaurelStewart can speak more definitively to this, but as far
as I can tell, she’s been pretty helpful with people. Just don’t get snarky,
or she may assign a title you don’t want. :wink: I kind of like “leader”.