Aulani Planning 2018

We are heading to Aulani next year(YAY). Any input,suggestions,to-dos, etc…please? i really could use some trusted Liner advice here. Its hard to find sites that arent sponsered by something .

I don’t have any experience with it but if you like podcasts, Dreams Unlimited Travel podcast episodes 10, 26, 27, 28, 29, 69, 70, and 76 all deal specifically with Aulani. These are all available for download on iTunes. Good luck with your planning and I can’t wait to hear a trip report!

You are the best! Thanks again

We went to Aulani the last week of March, adult only trip. Beautiful weather. We booked a partial ocean view room. We were offered an upgrade to a full ocean view for $100 for our 4 night stay. Awesome view 15th floor. We purchased refillable drink mugs at the gift shop. Ate breakfast at Ama Ama. Pancakes were awesome, but expensive. Can’t go wrong eating breakfast with an ocean view. Loved the lazy river and the adult only pool. Did the luau. We ended up last minute doing the character breakfast. Fun! I would not hesitate to go again. If you have a specific question ask. I will answer what I can

Do all the pools close early? Can you bring drinks in the pool area? What about a cabana rental? Luau-reg tix or premium? We are a mixed bunch going…my husband and I (1 room) my daughter, her boys 8 and 5, and my nephew(28)…in another room. Thinking cabana rental last full day? Heard ABC store is across the street…hours?

Also…will the kids find seashells? And can you swim outside of the lagoon?

Here is a link to a past blog post. Most of the info is the same. The Starlit Hui is no more they now do the luau. We did the premium package for that.
I don’t think you would want to swim outside of the lagoon. It is pretty big. We had drinks at the pool.
The hours for the ABC store are showing 6:30-11:00. You can google ABC Ko Olina to verify closer to your trip. It is down and across the street behind the Monkey Pod restaurant (We ate there one evening, reservation) They have a lot of nice touristy souvenirs there too.
The daily newspaper is a must for daily activities/character meets. It is available at the front desk every evening.
A cabana sounds nice. We did not do that.
I do not recall seeing sea shells.

Awesome …thanks for all of this. I am such a planner and this is such an unknown to me …ugh!

Cabanas book early. If you want one, call as soon as you have your dates booked. You can also book same day casbellas by the beach, if you get up early when they open. We haven’t had a cabana yet, but booked it for our next trip. We used the beach cabellas quite a bit.

Boys might also enjoy the rainbow lagoon. You can buy a weeks pass that lets them snorkel in the snorkel pool as much as they want. It is colder than the regular pool, but a good intro to snorkeling. If you are interested in kids club, that fills up early so book asap.