Your strategy for Tomorrowland speedway

Obviously skipping might be your best strategy, but if you have kids that want to ride it, when is your favorite time to get it done? EMH? Rope drop? After the sun goes down?
I heard waiting in line with the fumes is not fun.

1 Like

If there is EMH you could do it at the end of EMH / at rope drop. The lines shouldn’t build straight away at rope drop, everyone will be heading to Space, Splash/BTMR or NFL.

I always FP it on one of our MK days, but we have also ridden it mid morning. By then (11ish) there is usually a queue.

3 Likes

We do it on FPP when we do it. I hate that line beyond any other line in the World.

5 Likes

We have been very successful for same day FPP. Otherwise, no way we could stand in line between the heat and the awful smell.

3 Likes

I agree SDFPP is usually super easy

2 Likes

We usually do it at RD, or have a FP. The standby line builds really quickly.

2 Likes

My touring plan told me to rope drop it as our very first ride ever in WDW!!! I did question it on here but was told to go with it and it actually worked. We strolled on and there was already a fairly big line when we got off. We then headed to space which whilst not a walk on was only a few mins wait and we avoided that long smelly queue. Of our group, I was the worst at driving and I remember myself and my DD laughing our heads off the entire way round. Might not be a classic RD ride, but it was memorable for us.

4 Likes

We used to do Space, then Buzz, then Speedway when the kids were little, but it’s been about 6 years since we’ve done it. Crowds could have changed.

1 Like

My teens still enjoy it (even though they drive real cars now), but we only do it late at night. It is hot and miserable during the day.

2 Likes

We’ve done it with same day fast passes.

1 Like

We did it during EMH last year as our second ride (after Astro Orbiter). We waited about 15 minutes and the line was about 25 when we got off. The only problem with doing it that early was that my 2 year old LOVED it and begged all day to go back (we didn’t!). Might be better to do it just before leaving the park if that’s a risk for your family.

We would only do it with a FP but now no one cares to do it in our group so it’s a non-issue.

Skipping is indeed the best strategy. Barring that, I suggest a cattle prod:
“I wanna go in the Speedway!!”
ZAP!
{snif} “I still wanna go on the Speedway…”
ZAP!
“Carousel of Progress sounds much cooler - let’s go there…”

7 Likes