Your hidden gems at WDW

No I’m not, just curious! Haha pretty cool for employees. Looks like a neat area to getaway!

1 Like

So many employees don’t even realize it’s there, sadly.

3 Likes

Not really hidden to people who have been to the resort, but I’d say AKL. I could spend a day just walking around the resort learning from the different CMs and watching the animals. The night vision goggles were awesome. The CM making traditional wood carvings in the lobby was mesmerizing. He was so fast. I had trouble not stopping each time.

5 Likes
  • The cards you can show to the people on the boats in It’s a Small World from Pinocchio’s Village Haus
  • The Lady and the Tramp paw prints in front of Tony’s. A CM kindly moved a stroller for me so I could get a picture last trip.
  • The jumping fountains at Imagination Pavilion. Not really hidden but I enjoy them every time we’re by there.
4 Likes

Tell me more. I’ve never heard of this.

1 Like

If your kids are into the Disney buses, the drivers (used to at least) have collectible cards they would hand out.

1 Like

If you go into Pinocchio Village Haus and eat at the window that overlooks It’s a Small World, there are these cards on the table that you can hold up. They ask people in the boats to do things like wave at you…I wish I could remember the other ones.

4 Likes

Clap your hands

3 Likes

So fun!

2 Likes

Do the chicken :chicken:

3 Likes

I want to know, are the lizards always there. Because we loved the lizards in all the houses.

1 Like

Our favorite combo is watching Gaston and then all of the amazing details at BOG. Maybe not hidden, but I don’t think enough people know about Gaston and no one ever seems to comment on my 2 favorite BOG details:

4 Likes

I haven’t seen lizards at the trains!

It’s usually evening when we’re in Germany.

We do see a lot of lizards at WDW. I’d forgotten until you mentioned it.

1 Like

They gave my kids tokens and a little colouring book last trip in January.

1 Like

All of mine are in Epcot.

The playground across from TT. A perfect hidden away spot for a break with littles.

Not hidden at all, the giant wooden troll on the way out of the gift shop in Norway. It’s a cannot miss for us, great photo op.

Last for me is the Coral Reef restaurant. It’s easily overlooked in the mix of dining options in Epcot but I think it’s so relaxing and delicious.

3 Likes

The Jumping Fountains always make my list of lesser known “must sees” for anyone that asks. You need a few minutes to time a picture JUUUUUSSST right with an arc of water over someone’s head.

2 Likes

The rocking chairs by the exit of Hall of Presidents. I love to sit there. You can even catch an OK view of the parade.

1 Like

Sitting on the concrete wall next to Aloha Isle near Aladdin with a Dole Whip Float. You can people watch, and list for people asking where the Dole Whips are (after they walked RIGHT past Aloha Isle) and you can also watch the camels spitting on the Aladdin riders.

Early Morning Magic if you like the rides offered. Most people scoff at the price, but I’ll tell you - for us, it was worth every freekin penny both times, and we’d do it again in a heartbeat if the rides offered meet our needs.

Dessert Parties (samesies)

1 Like

Not sure I’d say it is “hidden”, but for me, the best moments to be had at Disney are in the evenings, after the sun sets. I particularly love being in Tomorrowland, riding PeopleMover, with all the lights.

Similarly, I love being in Disney Springs after dark.

I realized that for our re-planned trip moved to August, we likely won’t see any night time lights. It gets dark too late. :confused:

2 Likes

You should be able to see nighttime lights. August sunsets at WDW range from 8:15pm Aug 1 to 7:47pm Aug 31. I’m assuming parks stay open until 9:00pm.

2 Likes