Your experience with AK after hours

We will be visiting May 1-5, there is an AK after hours event on 5/2. I’m considering getting tickets for DS15 and I. We really wanted to do Dinosaur last time we visited, but didn’t get to, and DS loves FoP. We only have 3 park days on our next trip and do not have an AK day planned, so I thought the after hours might be a nice way to fit it in.
If you have attended AK after hours, I would love to hear your experience and whether you thought it was worth it.

I attended it last February. I love EE and we were able to do it 6x. We also did Triceratops Spin, Dinosaur 2x, Navi, and FoP 2x. I think 12 attractions is a successful night.

6 Likes

I agree with @PrincipalTinker. It was worth it for us, even with EE being down the entire night.

We signed up for DAH for the same reason you are thinking of doing it. We didn’t have a dedicated day for it on our 5-day trip. We arrived around 4 pm with FP for KS, EE (which was down), and the Animation Experience; had an ADR at TH; then did DAH and knocked out Dinosaur, FoP (x3), Navi, Triceratops Spin, some character meets, and a ton of mickey bars and popcorn. It’s a great way to do most of AK in an afternoon/evening if you don’t care too much about doing all the shows.

1 Like

Have done it twice. Strongly recommend.

1 Like

Do you have to have a park ticket to do an After Hours event or is it like the parties where it is its own separate ticket?

1 Like

It’s a separate ticket like the parties. I think they let you in around 7 pm if you only have the DAH ticket, but I’m not sure. I’ve also had a regular park admission every day we’ve done DAH, so I wasn’t paying attention.

1 Like

Thank you everyone! I booked for DS15 and I in May.

1 Like

We did it in Sept. and really enjoyed it. We waited until towards the end of the night to do FOP because I heard the lines were long during the start of the event. Wish we hadn’t waited so long because FOP was having technical difficulties by the time we got to it. Still got to ride it twice, but wish we had stopped by sooner. Have fun!

I think if you only have 3 days then it’s worth it
DH and I went last Wednesday. we were there 8 days, so for us it was not worth it, especially since DH does not care for Dinosaur

1 Like

Considering it, but it’s so expensive. MNSSHP was only $89 verses $129 for this. What gives? Do they pass out candy? LOL!

No, but you can have unlimited drinks, popcorn and ice cream!!

1 Like

No candy, but all the soda, water, ice cream and popcorn you can eat (or take home with you). Also, the crowds are very small in relation to the parties. We did HS DAH over spring break and it was well worth every penny.

1 Like

You beat me to it! :laughing:

2 Likes

:rofl:

2 Likes

I’m debating the same date! Thanks for posting this.

Anyone have any idea how quickly they sell out?

We have pretty much decided to do AK DAH on May 16. I can probably go ahead and buy the tickets now…but the fact that they are not refundable makes me slightly nervous. On the other hand, I don’t want to wait too long in case they sell out.

One more thing. My wife and I have discussed POSSIBLY helping my one DS20 to be able to come along with us. He is the only one who isn’t going to be able to go because it could cost him so much to take off work…but if we end up being able to make that work, it means we’d now be one DAH ticket short. Does Disney ever make exceptions? Like, if we buy the 7 DAH tickets now, and then 2 months before we go we make it possible for our DS20 to come along, could I call up Disney and explain the need for one additional ticket even if they are sold out?

1 Like

Well, we pulled the trigger. I purchased seven tickets for DAH at AK on May 16.

4 Likes