Your During-Construction Stay at Caribbean Beach Resort

I just found out on MouseSavers that if you are a Disney Visa holder you can get a bigger discount from the magic offer so they took another $100 and something off my stay so definitely try that if you can. One more thing, we stayed at AKL last Spring Break and were able to get a standard room with Animal View using the fax on touring plans. I got a high level room, but actually the second floor would be better to see the animals.

1 Like

Thank you. I did book a standard room with AP discount which seems to be the cheapest way to stay at AKL that week. We want a bunk bed room more than the view (boy/girl teens), but hoping for a good view as well.

Is the bus route still Martinique - Port Royale - Trinidads - Jamaica - Aruba? A CM told me it depended on the driver.

How long have the waits been? Is Lyft / Uber the way to go?

I don’t know as we hate the buses and always have a rental car. Occasionally we give the buses a try, and always end up frustrated. Last time we rode the bus (in April) It took 45 minutes or more for the MK bus to arrive. Never again!

I read that a counter service restaurant is opening early 2018. News: Spy Glass Grille Opening in Early 2018 at Disney's Caribbean Beach Resort | the disney food blog

Concept Art for new CB here: News: Artwork Revealed for Disney World's Caribbean Beach Resort Restaurants | the disney food blog

I just found this video that TP did on the construction: How Construction is Affecting Disney's Caribbean Beach Resort - YouTube

Honestly, after seeing this video, I decided to switch to CSR.

1 Like

We were there last week and that was the route. We were in Jamaica and every time we caught a bus TO the park it was empty and was running just to Jamaica and Aruba. I found the buses to be great. Always less than 10 minutes except one afternoon we did have a 20 minute wait for Epcot I think.

I didn’t mind the construction at all. It was too cold for the pool so we didn’t venture out to Port Royale area. We also booked back in March and had the $75 gift card incentive. The area by our room was clean and no evidence of construction until we ventured out of Jamaica area.

2 Likes

Does anyone know when the construction at CBR will be complete?

I think the main part is due to be completed by this summer (2018).

The gondola station and the work at Riviera will still be ongoing, but the revamp of CBR itself should be done. As far as I know anyway.

thanks.

I stayed at the CBR last week and they confirmed what you are thinking…completion in 2018 with the Gondola transpo in 2019.
The construction did not bother us at all; the room was very quiet (and we were on a corner). We stayed in the Jamaica building and noticed very little construction. The busses were prompt and the digital board changed pick-up times as necessary. A good experience.

1 Like

I’m moderately surprised that they think they’ll be done this year. That’s faster than I expected. Fingers crossed.

1 Like

Keep those reports coming folks - my family is staying at CBR from May30-June 3rd Thanks to all of you taking the time to update this thread

I was just there with my family as we took advantage of the $75/night gift card. The room was outstanding (Martinique). The construction didn’t bother us at all. Took Lyft every morning to parks and took the Disney bus home, and Martinique was always first stop. Only hassle which we knew about was getting to custom house via internal shuttle, but you may not even need to go there. Highly recommend it.

2 Likes

When did you book so that you qualified for the $75/night gift card? I might could put up with a lot for that.

We had a reservation at the Contemporary but changed it to Caribbean Beach once we heard about the offer. I believe it was mid-late March last year. We stayed in the parks all day so it had no impact on our trip.

1 Like

Any new updates on quick service dining here. The only thing keeping us from booking for June is uncertainty about dining. We have a daughter with soy/dairy allergies so the food truck route doesn’t sound too encouraging! Thanks everyone!

Checking in Monday 2/26/18.
Never stayed before so leaving it in the hands of Disney gods. Will update with any info. We’ve stayed at Coronado during construction it was fine. However, that doesn’t effect food service.

1 Like

Does anyone know when the major construction will be done? Trying to plan a trip in November.

If you’re a TP subscriber-Search carribean Beach construction complete. Will take you to CBR resort pg for room finder. Scroll down to description. Basically this. Additional Construction: The Old Port Royale area is not the only construction zone you will encounter at Caribbean Beach, however, as the new Riviera Resort is being built on what used to be the Barbados area. This wide swath of construction does not directly impact the services of the Caribbean Beach, but it is quite noticeable and isn’t expected to be completed until 2019.