Your daily Disney Price Increase-Reusable Shopping Bag prices increase $1 each, WDW saving the environment one Dollar at a time

Me too! But we’re old enough to be shocked by this. If we were younger we might think “oh, well, that’s just the way it is”. But for better or worse, it’s not the way it used to be.

2 Likes

Well the price of a pressed penny is going from 50 cents to One Dollar

$1 Pressed Penny Machines per WDWNT

3 Likes

I’m sure it’s due to increased labor costs…

Oh wait- don’t WE press the penny? :thinking:

3 Likes

Would Granting and Benjamining be more relevant?

2 Likes

No, no. You just push the button. The electrical costs at WDW are SOARING! :wink:

3 Likes

Well, they are a green company and they’ve got to pay for those solar panels somehow!!

2 Likes

If you’re a resort guest having things sent back to your room can you use your own reusable bag and refuse the plastic? I have a lot of reusable grocery bags and many of them pack into tiny pouches, so it wouldn’t be a hassle to have a few in our park bag ready to deploy.

That is the most personally disappointing price increase in the recent announcements, since I don’t have an annual pass but we were planning on pressing pennies. The kids will have to figure out how much of their souvenir savings they want to allocate to the pennies and I guess they’ll get half as many or hunt down the older 50cent machines.

2 Likes

I think that would be possible. They bag and tag them right there when the item is purchased, so it seems to me you could just hand them your bag instead.

Sure!
(I admire your forward thinking in skipping George, Abe, Alexander and Andrew entirely. You’re clearly more prepared than the rest of us).

2 Likes

I think the new term for “nickel and diming” needs to be less U.S. centric though.

Instead, can we say, “They raised prices again. Disney’s trying to Iger us to death!”

5 Likes

I think that would be possible. They bag and tag them right there when the item is purchased, so it seems to me you could just hand them your bag instead.

I’m sure they would do that and charge you the $6 Resort Package Delivery Charge since it is now a non-WDW package.:crazy_face::stuck_out_tongue::money_mouth_face:

3 Likes

They won’t do that because i would go with the free to pee in the planters plan.

2 Likes

Even more exclusive will be the Club 33 of bathrooms. It will be called Club One and Deuce. Invitation only, high annual dues. But the toilets will be solid gold and have a view of the castle.

3 Likes

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

“Hi! Welcome to Club One and Deuce!”

2 Likes

Please, for what this membership costs, you think I’ll be using 2-ply like some peasant?

2 Likes

It’s debatable that paper bags are better environmentally than plastic.

The end to end energy and water usage to make a paper bag is much higher than plastic from oil/natural gas. Both can be recycled. If both end up in a landfill, which is the most likely, paper takes up considerably more space than a plastic bag. Also, paper bags are only biodegradable if left in the open as litter. Landfills are designed not to let in air so things do not decay or degrade. There have been core samples take of old landfills and researchers have pulled up 50-year old intact newspapers and banana peels!

Not really. Nothing about plastic is okay, environmentally. Paper at least can be recycled and has the potential to be biodegradable. Plastic, even when recycled, rarely actually ends up recycled and just pollutes our oceans, etc.

No perfect solution other than not to buy anything! :wink:

cargo shorts. Just put your purchases in your pockets.

“Well, they are a green company and they’ve got to pay for those solar panels somehow!!”

You mean the solar panels subsidized by green energy grants? Not that I know Disney did that but I doubt they’d miss an opportunity like that.