You got a dog. I'm going to Disney. A trip report

I am going to attempt another live trip report. About 3 weeks ago my DH mentioned that he wanted to get a new puppy. I was not thrilled by the idea, but he told me I could have unlimited trips to Disney if I agreed. I honestly don’t remember agreeing to it, but he swears I did. So 2.5 weeks ago, I booked a last minute trip to Disney. Then two weeks ago my DH picked up the puppy. I now don’t think I got the better end of the deal. First of all, puppies are crazy (I seem to have forgotten that). And secondly, my DH never really limited my Disney trips to begin with. Regardless, I’m headed back.

The trip is just myself and my DS14. He has spring break this week and had no plans (except to play video games and sleep). We are leaving this evening as soon as I get off work and staying at the Dolphin. We have never stayed there before, but they had a fabulous military rate which made it cheaper than even Pop (yes, even when the resort fees were included). We have APs so no issues there. We made park reservations which I now wish I could change around, but there is limited availability. I’ve managed to snag some decent ADRs just by checking frequently. Since it’s spring break season, I know it will be busy. We are okay with not doing everything. It’s a short trip–we can only stay until Sunday. I promise a lot of photos and a lot less babbling.

37 Likes

Here is what started this all.

47 Likes

That is one super cute Pup

Totally worth the tradeoff :smiley:
Safe travels!

10 Likes

He is so cute!! :heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes:
Have a wonderful trip!

7 Likes

I am going to try to keep up with this one! I completely missed the Fab 4 and Randall’s and @DumboRunner’s current one.

11 Likes

Who can resist that face! But look at how big those paws are! :astonished:

10 Likes

Safe travels!!
Have ALL THE FUN!!
Wait, weren’t you just there?? :rofl:
Will be interested to hear about the Dolphin.

8 Likes

this i love. what’s the pup’s name? i’m easily distracted by puppies. now, back to you… have a great trip!

6 Likes

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Enjoy! All the trips report recently make it so hard for me to focus on work.

8 Likes

Awww! Who wouldn’t love a face like that? Well, I’m not living with him so it’s easy to love him! I had dogs, cats, bunnies, and fish growing up but not as an adult. I’m the one who said that pets are children that never grow up!

5 Likes

Well, at least she is a cute puppers. I think it’s a good trade off! :slight_smile: Bonus for us who only go every few years, more trip reports!

3 Likes

Ah! Great thread title. I knew it was you despite the fact that I didn’t realise that this trip was starting already. Tempus Fugit!!
Hope you both have a great time. Looking forward to the photos. Also enjoy the break from the Whiskey craziness :rofl:

:point_up_2:t3::point_up_2:t3::point_up_2:t3: :rofl::rofl::rofl:

9 Likes

Hope you have a great time! Wish it was a Fab 4 trip again, but I guess sometimes we have to take our kids. :rofl:

9 Likes

He’s cute but destructive. I think in a year I will find the deal worth it.

7 Likes

Thanks. It’s a short trip but that’s okay.

5 Likes

You were feeling pretty rough during those reports so it’s totally understandable.

6 Likes

I know! It’s a bit concerning. He is going to be huge.

4 Likes

No. I wasn’t just here. That was weeks ago. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

12 Likes

Safe travels and have fun!! Wish I was going with you.

5 Likes

I am both you and your husband. I want all the dogs (and cats) and all the trips to Disney!

6 Likes