You going to the 50th?

So the subtle intention of finding this out is possibly putting together liner meets throughout 2021/2022. But since my original post asking about was a bit confusing, I figured we should try again without hijacking someone’s thread.

So here we go: WHEN YOU GOING?? (This doesn’t count multiple trips, just your “primary trip” if you are going multiple times)

• I will be there on the 50th. October 1, 2021
  • During Celebration Year: November, 2021
  • During Celebration Year: December, 2021
  • During Celebration Year: January, 2022
  • During Celebration Year: February, 2022
  • During Celebration Year: March, 2022
  • During Celebration Year: April, 2022
  • During Celebration Year: May, 2022
  • During Celebration Year: June, 2022
  • During Celebration Year: July, 2022
  • During Celebration Year: August, 2022
  • During Celebration Year: September, 2022
  • Sometime in then rest of 2022.
  • Can’t make it in 2021 or 2022
  • Unsure when I’ll be going, exactly but I’ll be going at some point during the celebrations.
  • I’m going, but I’m not saying when because I don’t wanna meet any of you crazies in reality. You come near me — I have pepper spray and I WILL use it.

0 voters

Let’s see how long it takes before the Brits start whining about the date format :smirk:

4 Likes

I promise not to pepper spray anyone…I just don’t know what month we’re going in yet. When I was younger (like 23ish years ago) my Nana took me and two of my cousins (clearly her favorite 3…there are more of us) for a week in the world…my first trip. I thought that big pink cake was amazing and the obsession began.
In the naivety of our youth, we told her we would bring her back for the 50th. So, I’m planning a giant family reunion with my cousins and their kids and any other family members that want to join. I’m waiting to hear back on everyone’s schedules.
That was a really long explanation for a simple question.

4 Likes

It’s nice to see no-one’s selected the I wouldn’t tell you if I was option yet! :heart::heart::heart:

Is your nana going to enjoy the 50th with you amiga?

1 Like

When we go next all depends on how DH feels after his very first trip this January. My hope is that he falls madly in love with WDW and wants to go every year! I know for sure though that he is bummed that Tron won’t be open yet… so my bet is, if he does agree to go again, it will be sometime 2021.

1 Like

We’re planning during flower and garden, but in 2021, which I assumed would be part of the 50th, since it’s in the calendar year of the 50th. Is that not the case?

I didn’t know 2022 was a celebration year. I’m deliberately going the year after the 50th to enjoy all the new stuff but avoid the heavier crowds.

1 Like

I would shoot for end of 2021 for Tron

1 Like

The Anniversary is in October so naturally Disney will carry it over to 2022. The crowds should be KINDA back to normal but a lot of ppl are thinking like u, go later, avoid the crowds.

I think you’re right after reading more about it. I don’t think crowds will be at the insane level at that point but it will be cool to be there during special events. Fingers crossed crowds and prices won’t be insane.

1 Like

Probably Spring Break in March of 2022.

I know I’ll be down during that year, though. Possibly twice.

1 Like

The on the dot 50th starts October 1st, 2021. In years prior, the celebrations have been from somewhere around the “starting” point into the following year.

I would be surprised if they start the celebrations that early but it could happen.

1 Like

Maybe end of March/April 2021 or 2022

2 Likes

My plan is to go first week of Dec 2021, never been for Christmas, crowds are normally low and its close to MY birthday. But Im concerned that the crowds wont relent by then so my second choice is early spring.

If past frequency is any indication of future trips, we’ll be there at least twice, maybe three times during that time period. I’ve recently started using the Start Today Journal from The Hollis Co and every day I’m supposed to write out 10 of my dreams as if they’ve already happened. Two of them are “we own at Golden Oak” and “ we visit Disney once a quarter” aka 4x/yr. I fully anticipate one of those dreams being a reality by the end of 2021 :wink:

2 Likes

Unfortunately she’s no longer with us, but I still have the itinerary she drafted from that trip (written on a typewriter) and we’ll be recreating some of those memories.

4 Likes

That is awesome. For my DW trips, I make a hard cover book, adding in some pictures from my childhood DW trips. That would be awesome for you. You could add a copy of this typed up iten. Just an idea…

1 Like

We’re still throwing some months around in 2021…waiting to see what the school schedules look like in 2020 and hopefully they don’t chnage too much. Really don’t want to go in June/July…

We were there Mar/Apr this year and the weather was perfect, and I loved the flower & garden festival

1 Like

I like your dreams.

1 Like