Yikes! Hearing Port Orleans Riverside buses are horrible! Thoughts?

We are staying at POR Nov. 20-Dec 4. I am reading a lot on trip advisor that there are ridiculously long waits for buses at POR this month (August). What could be going on?

I know that traffic around Buena Vista Drive and Bonnet Creek Parkway can be a bit of a mess because of backups from the construction area for Disney Springs, so that might delay some busses trying to get to POR from Bonnet Creek by way of Buena Vista Drive…

1 Like

Never had issues there in at least 10 stays over the years… I do, however, always use the main South Bus Stop at the lobby which is the first stop.

The problem really is with Disney Transportation… I have had no issues at POR but at GF, WL and PoP I have had the worst luck with those places… waiting for close to an hour for pick ups. So, its really dependent on the day, when you are there and what traffic is going on.

2 Likes

Stayed at POR twice in the Fall and never had any issues with the buses. We also always get on at the main bus stop.

1 Like

@bhart22 We stayed at POR this past February and had an awesome stay - including the buses. We almost exclusively used the North Depot as that was the closest to our room and was very happy with the service. There was one day where we were going to the MK and we waited for about 20 mins but it became a joke that we would see 5 HS buses, 4 AK and 2 EP and still no MK bus. But that only happened once and it wasn’t too bad.

1 Like

I love POR but I do agree with the South Depot ( always use it). Also, be prepared to hop onto the FQ bus and walk to POR if needed.

1 Like

We didn’t have any problems when we stayed there in 2012. We were in AB and always used the West Depot. I don’t know if it would be affected by traffic heading to DTD. I hope not because we are spending 5 nights at POFQ this trip.

1 Like

stayin here now buses have been great august 21

1 Like

Never had a problem last year. I did have to stand a couple times but its not a problem for me.

1 Like

Thanks everyone. Feeling much better. It seemed to be an issue with mainly MK buses from what I was reading.