Yet another way Chapek is trying to get us to part with our $$$

https://www.wdwmagic.com/other/walt-disney-company/news/31aug2022-disney-is-considering-introducing-a-membership-program-similar-to-amazon-prime-to-drive-spending-at-the-parks,-resorts,-and-boost-sales-of-its-products-and-services.htm

1 Like

Seeing how the MB+ roll out went and the special release stuff like Main Attraction Minnie I don’t know how this would really work.

1 Like

Chapek is quoted as touting the “Disney flywheel” of synergistic products which is a term that Bezos coined for Amazon’s strategy many years ago.

1 Like

Isn’t DVC a membership program? APs are kinda’ like one too?

2 Likes

My guess is this is a lower-cost membership program that get you some savings/perks.

2 Likes

Isn’t D 23 a membership program?

2 Likes

This is a membership program on top of your membership program…

The Dis has been reporting rumors of a specific DVC version for a couple of months. Just think, soon you will be able to buy benefits that used to come with on-site stays!

3 Likes

Sure are a lot of WSJ articles about Disney lately. Wonder why?

3 Likes

I agree. But in all of them they take the word of the company that they have a level of IT competence to support all these fancy next generation revenue makers.

WSJ is a perfect place to let Chapek be Chapek.

2 Likes

I’m trying to think of what this means? If I’m a ‘mbr’ I get in early w/o a resort stay, have discounts?

Certain APs at Universal have similar advantages. My premium AP allows early entry, valet parking (my favorite benie!!!) EP after 4pm.

1 Like

I saw someone report this would be for more casual Disney fans. I’ll try to find where I saw that. Maybe they are getting ready for revenge travel to end and need to bring back some of those 1st time visitors?

2 Likes

I like the idea, depending on what it ultimately looks like. The idea of paying for something in order to get discounts isn’t necessarily super appealing, but a rewards system might be.

I’ve never understood why they don’t have some sort of loyalty program that covers all of their “stuff.” Why not have some sort of cash back program where you can amass points for money you spend with them at parks, cruises, etc. Maybe the cash back can only be applied to future trips or merchandise. I’d love to do DVC or an AP, but my wife doesn’t want us to only do Disney parks. But we are going to Hawaii next summer and staying 12 nights at Aulani. Why not reward us by letting us use some sort of points system for our stay at Aulani and let us apply that to a cruise or trip to DL or WDW in the future?

2 Likes

I don’t have a Disney Visa but it has something like this… I think. Someone w/ a Disney Visa would know the benefits better

Also FYI something like this is most likely coming to UOR as well. I’ve had a few surveys recently that ask questions about how much I would pay to add benefits to my AP in the future :wink:

1 Like

I already have some REALLY nice benefits w/ my USO AP. I wish Disney had FREE valet parking.

1 Like

You might not for much longer :wink: unless you add it onto your pass.

2 Likes

I don’t understand? USO have different APs w/ different benefits, I pay more for more benefits.

1 Like

Right but they are in the process of making a lot of those things cost even more. Even the highest AP won’t just come with them. You will have to add on “extra benefits” I don’t work there so I could be wrong I’m just going off questions asked on a survey sent to me as an AP holder.

2 Likes

Did UOR secretly get bought out by Disney?

2 Likes

Seems like a lot of extra work. Just make a new tier for D23 and ba-boom.

2 Likes