Yak and Yeti ADR Worth It? and Oga Question

I like Y&Y for dinner. Miso salmon and the fried wonton dessert are my usual. Flame Tree is more my jam on a “fruit for breakfast, RD, early lunch and done with AK by 3pm” kind of day where I’m going to get dinner elsewhere.

Satu’li is one of our favorite QS. We get the tofu bowl served on either the rice and bean base or the potato base. I personally wouldn’t do a sit down meal at AK until TH reopens.

Yes but it’s only pinged me once and that was gone immediately. I’ll keep trying though.

Honestly prefer most sit downs to quick service with only a few exceptions. I would also say Flame Tree is outside and Y&Y is inside. Things like that (plus I don’t eat BBQ in a theme park) are what put me to Y&Y for lunch one day and Tiffins the other. I want a nice rest from the heat and almost all TS food is better than QS in my Disney experience.
I’ve only eaten at Y&Y once many years ago but I liked it.

1 Like

6 free alerts
That is all.

I paid the $9 for 1 month (you get 50 alerts, plus text messages instead of just e-mails) before my trip and ended up getting ADRs everywhere I wanted. It was definitely worth $9.

1 Like

Good to know!! I was good with the 6 free but I was about 85% successful on my 2 (split stay) res mornings. If I hadn’t I definitely would have considered a month so I could get the 50!!

You’re dead to me.

2 Likes

Correct.

A spot just opened up on my favourite Liners list. I’ll add you to it.

8 Likes

Thanks but I have Mousedining set up too and have gotten zero from that yet. It hasn’t really worked out for us but I’ll keep trying.

1 Like

I didn’t start getting tons of hits until the week before week left, and then during the trip they just kept coming. Since we don’t have FPs to contend with it’s a lot easier to shift on the fly, and snap up a last minute ADR for tomorrow than it used to be. The last minute better times were one of the things that made the service more valuable, I think, since they don’t automatically cancel the alert just because it got a hit once. The staff at the restaurants were also very flexible when it came to a couple of times when we’d have an ADR for, say, 1:45 but then something popped up the day of for 5:15 and that worked better. I would grab the better one and then go tell the staff what I did and they’d just drop the other one with no fee. With the walk-up lists now they seem to only want to charge you if you actually do a no show, but the one time I did a no show (Mama Melrose… I forgot about the ADR and we were hungry and saw that we only had 15 minutes until Pizze Rizzo closed, so we ate our crappy pizza and then headed to MK for the rest of the evening and we were sitting on the bus when I got the MDE reminder :flushed: ) I did get charged.

3 Likes

Suddenly I’ve started getting multiple alerts for Sanaa today, but all for times after 9 pm. No thanks, I’ll just keep the 8:55 reservation I already have but don’t want… Nothing for Y&Y or Oga’s yet, but at least things seem to be shifting around. We are 34 days out.

Yeah Sana’a really shines during daytime hours, for obvious reasons.

1 Like