Yak and Yeti ADR Worth It? and Oga Question

Have been looking at my ADR’s frequently to make a few minor tweaks (i.e. - move back Homecomin ADR and Oga’s Canteen ADR).

Well, Yak and Yeti popped up on our AK day. Is it a good ADR or would you consider Satuuli Canteen and Flame Tree BBQ for MO just as good?

Also, would Oga’s Canteen at 10:15 on your HS day be too early? This is on a day where my brother in law with DAS will be with us. 9:00 AM opening and we plan to rope drop. I’d prefer it to be noon or later bc of lower waits early in day but again, DAS should help offset.

Any help with these 2 ADR’s is greatly appreciated.

1 Like

Yak and yeti is totally worth it imo. I had this scallop special in March that was amazing!!!

4 Likes

My DDs and I ate there for the first time last year and we all were very disappointed. Most ppl like it, but we found the food bland… .lacking flavor. Our server sucked too but everyone has a bad day. We all ordered different things to all share and try. We won’t ever eat there again.

2 Likes

I would choose Y&Y over just about anything else in AK. It’s consistently good food and service and the building itself is really unique and full of cool stuff. If you can set up an alert I bet you can move your Oga reservation until later in the day. I’d use the first couple hours for touring, even with the flexibility of using DAS.

3 Likes

To be fair I avoid the regular menu stuff bc it’s really just Asian inspired mall food. The burger is really good though, and the off menu specials I’ve had are a lot more creative.
If you’ve ever had like Pei Wei or PF Chang’s, I’d say it’s similar.

3 Likes

I’m also biased bc I don’t think satuli canteen is appetizing… Like at all. Deli meat on rice with dressing? :face_vomiting:

6 Likes

Flame Tree is fine, but I’d take Yak and Yeti any day of the two. It’s a nice space. When we went my meal was amazing and DH’s was okay. I think it can really vary by dish. I wish I remembered what we ordered! If you haven’t checked out the Landrys card, you might want to look into it.

I haven’t tried Satuuli Canteen so I can’t speak to that specifically, but I suspect Y&Y is still better overall.

I wouldn’t want to do lunch at 10:15, especially if lunch was needed as a midday break.

2 Likes

I’m not a big fan of it either. My food is always luke warm and dry without a ton of flavor except for the little bit of sauce.

3 Likes

I feel like I’m being judged every time I say I think it’s gross, so I appreciate hearing from others that don’t like it!

4 Likes

I liked y&y a lot. Tuna nachos were awesome, my honey chicken was very pf changs, which is to say good and palatable and ordinary, and my hubby’s burger was amazing.

1 Like

+1

Agree with this.

:+1:

3 Likes

Y & Y is one of our WDW favorites. We’ve only eaten there once in 2019 for lunch but had a phenomenal lunch ( I think I had the grilled fish special and it was fantastic) and the server was great. We have dinner reservations there in early June just before park closure and hope to have a leisurely post dinner stroll enjoying the tree and Pandora at night.

2 Likes

I’m not a fan of Sultine either. The desserts are good but nothing else. I’d rather eat at Flametree

2 Likes

I really loved Satuuli, so that would be my go to. There’s nothing on the Yak and Yeti meeting I’ve personally been excited by.

I am considering doing Oga’s around 11 because waits are skyrocketing so fast in the morning. No judgement here over a morning cocktail.

1 Like

My opinion is don’t get an ADR. I like the restaurant and the food, but my suggestion is to get a Landry’s card, then you don’t need an ADR. You just show up whenever you want, show your card and you get seated right away. It’s faster than an ADR and you get to be more flexible.

1 Like

We loved Y&Y. If we were doing MO, then Flame Tree is our top choice.

Both Y&Y and Oga’s have been impossible for me to get for our May trip, so if you can get it I’d keep it. I’ve been looking daily and nothing is opening up. I’ve also read reports that the Landry’s card will get you in, but it’s not right away anymore. It could be a significant wait.

2 Likes

I echo the Landry card does not guarantee a table anymore and can result in extremely long waits.

1 Like

Thirded. On our last two Covid trips, once the desk was outright turning away landry’s card holders, and on the second they were telling card holders 90+ min wait.

1 Like

Have you tried the reservation finder?

1 Like