Yacht Club or Wilderness Lodge?

I am able to book that recovery free dining deal due to a canceled vacation in April. With the full realization that this trip may need to be canceled as well, I’m still trying to plan a late July trip as a coping mechanism. So, in the spirit of distracting myself, I found that for my dates it’s essentially the same amount of money to stay in a standard room at Wilderness Lodge or a Garden/Wood View room at Yacht Club.

We’ve stayed at Beach Club and enjoyed it (my kids loved the pool) but have never stayed at YC. We have always wanted to stay at Wilderness. While I love staying in the MK area overall, my concerns about WL are the size of the rooms and the fact that most have not been refurbished and likely won’t be by the time we go. And the pool there seems a bit underwhelming. Yacht appeals because of the area as well as the pool and refurbished rooms, but we just stayed at Beach in January and it might be nice to stay somewhere completely different next trip.

What say you? YC or WL? WWYD?

We’ve always been big YC fans, for the access to two parks, the pool and the fact that it’s quieter than BC. I don’t know if it matters, but they do allow dogs at the YC.

2 Likes

I think the deciding factor should be where are you likely to be most - MK or Epcot.

And actually HS isn’t a horrible stroll from YC.

3 Likes

YC for the quick access to EP and HS. The refurbished rooms with the wood floors are nice and spacious, the pool is great, I like the coastal theming, and the view of Crescent Lake in the morning is one of my top 5 favorite things about Disney. My only gripe about YC/BC is lack of a good QS, but that’s a minor issue with all the options at BW and in EP! Oh, and the buses to/from MK were shared with BW and Swolphin so getting there and back was kind of a pain, but we just got off and walked from wherever the bus stopped first.

1 Like

It’s a 7-night trip and we have hoppers, so we’re going to be everywhere. But I do like the quick access to two parks and the skyliner access from the crescent lake area.

2 Likes

You have hoppers? Then definitely Yacht Club, the lack of QS restaurants is immaterial when you can hit World Showcase for a meal.

3 Likes

True!!

For those of you who have stayed at YC/BC in the summer, is the pool super packed all the time? Like, can’t find a chair packed?

Sorry. Haven’t stayed in summer. Both Beach Club and Yacht Club stays were early December.

We were there the first week of June. No wasn’t super packed. We never had a problem. At the same time, we were never there at 1 pm. Usually either before 11 am, or after 4 pm

I know this topic is old, but this could still apply to the future trip…

I’ve actually had two different split stay vacations where we stayed at YC & WL.
These are #1 & 2 on my “favorite resorts” list.
Consider a split stay, go to MK on the WL days, EP & HS during YC.
The transfer isn’t bad at all, doesn’t really cost time, and feels like 2 vacations,
while actually minimizing travel time to/from parks.

Best to you.

YC for me but I love that vicinity. I did really like my stay at Wilderness Lodge too though. I’ve never stayed at Yacht before but like you stayed at Beach and I’ve stayed at Boardwalk. I just prefer being able to walk to two parks plus boats and skyliner and many accessible dining options. Plus as you said the pool. I do like the pool at Wilderness Lodge but hands down the slide at BC/YC is the best hotel slide anywhere I’ve ever stayed.

1 Like

We did Beach Club in August and no the pool was not SUPER packed. It was actually super pleasant but we did a rest day there so many people may have been in the parks during the day but then we also did an evening swim after AK one day and still not packed. Lots of chairs. It was mid-August though and I know that’s when a lot of Floridians are already back in school.