Yacht Club or BoardWalk Inn for a last minute trip?

Taking a quick 2 night trip in a couple of weeks and looking for a resort. Have never stayed on the boardwalk area and was considering it. Opinions?

2 Likes

I absolutely love Yacht Club. The room decor is so rich and fancy looking. You also get access to stormalong bay with its lazy river. Boardwalk just seems so tired to me and you have to walk outside on the actual boardwalk to get any kind of food or drink.

2 Likes

We’ve chosen Yacht Club for the updated rooms & access to stormalong bay.

4 Likes

We loved Boardwalk for our stay last year, but we also really enjoyed Beach Club (which I’m viewing as nearly the same as Yacht) when we stayed there previously. Frankly I don’t think you can go wrong with either. If you would definitely take advantage of the pool, Storm Along Bay at Yacht/Beach is a big advantage due to the lazy river. The proximity to Epcot and easy options to HS are the biggest advantages for that area and both give you that…

2 Likes

Another vote for Yatch club. I essentially agree with everything others have already said. I would try Beach club to be a few steps away from Epcot.

1 Like

Beach Club is the best option over there…check the DVC rental sites as they might have some dedicated reservations for cheap

2 Likes

BWI tends to be a bit cheaper so we have stayed there several times. I hated having to go outside for QS when the weather was bad but they just opened a little (nondescript) cafe inside which should help. Pool is unexciting but does the job if you just need to cool off and have a snack. A room with a balcony over the Boardwalk has a great view of Spaceship Earth and watching the buskers on the boardwalk while the family gets ready for dinner is a nice little break.

But if you will hang by the pool and/or the cost is not an issue I’d definitely go YC.

Yacht Club is my fave. They are doing construction at the Boardwalk Inn…I would try it when it is completed, but try to avoid anywhere with major construction.

I prefer BWI. The slide is actually better if prefer speed. And I just prefer the theming and dining and it’s slightly closer to Hollywood. We did a thing awhile back and overall it saves you the most time if you walk to both Epcot abs DHS.

1 Like