Xmas planning advice needed

Planning advice for Christmas trip is appreciated. Best place to stay between Poly (Club Level), Wilderness Lodge, or Beach Club? We’ve never stayed at WL before. Our first time going Christmas week and know that the crowds are crazy. Wondering if we are better with Club Level as a break from the crowds and advantages of Poly transportation options or the central location of Beach Club (we’ve stayed here frequently), or doing someplace new like Wilderness even if transportation is tougher. We are a family of four that usually goes once a year (DH, DDs12, and me) Thanks for the help!

Personally, I prefer WL CL to Poly CL.

Thanks, may try WL even though it would be a standard room. It get greats reviews for Christmas and we’ve never stayed there before.

The lobby is amazing any time of the year but at Christmas it is a resort everyone should see!

If you go once a year why not try something new! :slight_smile:

Think we will! Wilderness Lodge sounds beautiful during Christmas. Thanks for the help!

You have me convinced! Thanks for the advice!

1 Like

Poly is on the Monorail. To me, that’s a no-brainer. If I could afford it, that’s where I’d stay!

We just stayed at WL in April, and even though it’s not on the monorail the boat made up for it in my opinion. It was a fast and easy way to get to MK, FW or to the Contemporary to hop on the monorail.

3 Likes

Are there no CL rooms available at WL? I also love WL at Christmas (I’ll take the monorail around just to see the decorations if I’m staying elsewhere), but the QS location isn’t the best so having the lounge as an option for light breakfast or snacks is attractive.

1 Like

In December WL will have two QS restaurants. I do think WL may have the best CL in Disney- so if you are considering it you will not be sorry. I also agree that usually the boat from WL is just as convenient as the monorail.

2 Likes

I also agree with the boats being as good as the monorail. I get annoyed with having to take the resort monorail to TTC (though that’s not a problem at Poly, because you can just walk the trail to TTC and skip the resort monorail… that’s not as publicized as it could be, though) and switch to the Epcot monorail to get to Epcot, and prefer a bus that just takes me right there.

2 Likes

I also found, especially early morning, you can usually hop the boat to CR and hop the monorail to TTC/EP if you want.

1 Like

Unfortunately, CL rooms are not available with the agency deal. Bummer, but still thankful that we are able to afford Disney and hope to try CL another time of year when it may be less money.

2 Likes

Thank you to everyone for your help advice. We’ve decided to stay at the Wilderness Lodge! This will be new for our family since we’ve never stayed there before and all reports are that it is breathtaking during the holidays. Wish it was CL but that is not offered with our agency so we will keep that on the bucket list for another time. Under 200 days to go!!!

3 Likes

I hope you will love WL as much as I do!

2 Likes

You will love WL, it’s our favourite place to stay. And as everyone has said, it’s awesome at Christmas.

1 Like