Xmas party desert parties

Hi there all knowing liners :heart: We have tickets for MVMCP on 12/13 and I was thinking about adding a desert party (currently only plaza viewing party available, but willing to keep checking/calling for updates). This will be a trip where we focus on enjoying the magic. EMDH for EP, MK, &HS + MVMCP and utilizing G+ so that we can enjoy our mornings and focus on our goal: spending the holiday in our happy place. Do you have any thoughts on the desert parties? Which would you recommend? I see sparkling wine listed, big plus because I love bubbles, is this limited to one glass or are you able to indulge a bit?

Thank you in advance :slight_smile: :blush:

1 Like

I’ve been to a couple over the years, not as many as others, and I would recommend that one the that allows you to sit for the entire thing, get there early to ensure a table closer to the edge to be able to have a full view of the castle.

There is NO limit. Bubble away!

2 Likes

Pre-COVID I only ever watched HEA and the MVMCP fireworks via a dessert party.

I stopped doing so because they became more crowded, more expensive and the eating options became less attractive (less savoury choices).

I prefer the Plaza viewing because I am all about the projections. The terrace viewing is much more civilised and it’s great of you get a good table, but the projection viewing is not ideal.

All food and drink is unlimited.

2 Likes

If I understand correctly, this is the Tomorrowland Terrace party. So it sounds like I should hold out and wait to see if that becomes available over the non-table seating party. Thank you… very helpful!

Also promising news re: bubbles!

1 Like

I also love the projections, especially during the holidays. Many considerations to be made. We typically do not stay for fireworks on normal park days, as the crowds are far too overwhelming for me; that was one of the main factors when considering MVMCP.

Did you find the plaza party to be over crowded or disorganized because there is no seating?

1 Like

What @mousematt said about the projections is true. The Tomorrowland Terrace has limited views of the projections on Main Street. I could see some of them from my table that Tinker Bell flew directly over; I think @LTinNC82 was responsible for that table choice. However, you can watch the projections or the castle but not both. So unless they set up a dessert party at the train station on Main Street you’ll have to keep spinning your head around :wink:

2 Likes

Head on a swivel! :joy:

1 Like

There are two elements for the Plaza package. The viewing and the party. The viewing area is fine, though better to get there 30 or even 45 mins early to get a good spot.

The party does have tables and seating at the back of Tomorrowland Terrace, which are assigned on arrival. But the whole thing is loud and chaotic and crowded.

2 Likes

chaotic and crowded are the antithesis of what I am looking for. Maybe it isn’t for us after all? hmmmm

I’m making a different point. The Castle is further away from Tomorrowland Terrace, so it’s not filling your field of view. Also, the fireworks are “misaligned”. They appear to the side of the Castle rather than above it.

Tinkerbell never flies when I watch the nighttime shows, so I did not see her go overhead when I did the Tomorrowland Terrace party.

1 Like

I’m talking specifically about the Plaza party. The TT one is much more civilised.

2 Likes

Oh, yes, I agree w/ the angle for viewing. It’s why I preferred watching them from the Poly than the Contemporary too.

1 Like

Are you planning on watching the parade? My concern is that the dessert parties only allow for the 2nd parade viewing.

3 Likes

oh okay, understood. I will keep checking for TT as it sounds more “mission aligned” for our trip. We have an 'Ohana ADR for 3:45p and plan to add our name to the Trader Sam’s list when we arrive at Poly (staying at BC so this will be the beginning of our day essentially). I will have plenty of time to consume bubbly pre-party so I do have a back up plan in the event TT does not add availability.

1 Like

2nd parade viewing would be fine with us- DINKS with main entrance passes, so really just there for the ambiance, parades & FW. I would like to see the overlay on SM but not a deal breaker.

2 Likes

I don’t know that I’d waste that much party time on a dessert party. Especially as @PrincipalTinker said it means you miss the first parade. I’ve done both views for various shows overs the years and the garden view does give you a much better view of the castle and fireworks as they were meant to be seen. I’ve also never had a hard time finding a decent spot to watch them during a holiday party on my own so again I probably wouldn’t do the party. If you could do the terrace party on an Enchantment night that would be a better value experience.

4 Likes

This actually sounds like a great idea. Would you recommend on a EDMH evening? I’m thinking that will be the only other time during the trip that we will be in MK for enchantment.

2 Likes

Absolutely! That would be perfect really.

1 Like

@LTinNC82 Here is my tentative PM schedule:

Sat: (AM arrival at BC) 6:30 FF ADR and plan to see F! for second viewing
Sun: Topo’s for a sunset ADR
Mon: LC ADR @ 7:50 prior to EDMH @ EP
Tues: 3:45 ADR @ 'Ohana, drinks @ Trader Sams, MVMCP
Wed: 7p ADR @ Yachtsman prior to EDMH MK (this would be the opportunity for viewing party)
Th: 6:30 ADR Ogas for drinks, SciFI ADR @ 7:45 prior to EDMH HS
Fri: checkout… maybe… this is usually the day I wake up and puppy dog eye the man who falls for my puppy dog eyes to please stay one more day :heart_eyes:

1 Like

I like the way you travel! Only glaring issue is Yachtsman at 7. If Enchantment is at 8:15 you should be in line for the dessert party around 6:30pm.

1 Like