WWYD? WDW or Universal?

I would totally do it. But then I do not find UOR a suitable replacement for WDW. I enjoy it, but it is unsatisfying on its own. So I would probably always say go to WDW.

4 Likes

Oops!

3 Likes

Ditto! I can go to Orlando and not go to Universal easily, but could not go to Orlando and skip WDW. I like UOR for a day or two, but it just doesn’t fulfill me like WDW does. It’s always an add on to a WDW trip, never a trip on its own.

5 Likes

I looked up the deal for SeaWorld tickets at UT that @Shmebulock mentioned. It’s really good! For no more than $300, meals / souvenirs / Uber / hotel / etc… included, I could do this park with plenty of funds leftover…

I do understand that this is a very privileged issue to debate and I appreciate the support! (Y’all are the only people I associate with that I can talk about theme parks. It’s crazy how I waited so long between trips from 2018 - 2002 and now with only 50 days since my last trip it’s so much harder!!)

3 Likes

I don’t know how universal it is, but I know I’ve been to some banks that won’t even accept rolled coins beyond some negligible amount. They had no reasonable way to determine the legitimacy of the coins within those wrappers…such as lots of Canadian pennies, dimes, nickels, and quarters being mixed in. So, I gave up long ago bothering to try to wrap them up myself knowing this. Coinstar is great, because it can detect those. But their fees have grown a bit preposterous now for large quantities.

1 Like

Some of them offer 100% back if you take a gift card. Amazon being an option. That is equivalent to cash for me.

DH has a business back account and because it is a business version, they take coins and deposit 100% of the value.

Is it possible to buy USO annual passes now and then not start them until after Epic has open for a bit? Would that be a good idea? I wonder, particularly with inflation. Or is there a date that you must start a pass by?

I can’t imagine they would be valid in EU because they’re sold as ‘3 park pass’ or ‘2 park pass’. I guess you’d need a new ‘3 park pass’ for the dry parks or a ‘4 park pass’.
You’d likely be able to upgrade, but then the savings would be in doubt.
I don’t know though :woman_shrugging:t4:

4 Likes

Good to know. Have to check that option out in the future.

My credit union has a coin machine and it deposits straight to your account. I’m surprised more banks aren’t doing this after the whole coin shortage situation.

OP do Universal of you have an AP. We did Disney several months ago. It’s not going anywhere. Our next Florida trip will not include WDW, other than a trip to TRex with our Landry’s card (my kids love to eat there).

1 Like