WWYD... lodging

It’s been 3 years since we’ve had a Disney trip. We’ve been waiting for Galaxy’s Edge! We are now planning a trip for the first week of June 2020. We have 3 children, who are older now (will be 10, 13, 15 at time of trip), and they are no longer willing to share beds together. We appreciate space now! In the past we have stayed at Pop Century (connecting rooms), Art of Animation (suite), and Port Orleans Riverside (the one that tightly fits 5). What Disney resort would be your choice for our upcoming trip? Thank you!!!

1 Like

Would you consider pricing a 2 br villa through a dvc service?

Cabins for your least expensive option or you may have to do a villa.

2 Likes

I’m willing to price anything. We’ve never tried using DVC points, but the villas look nice!

The cabins look like they would work for us. I may price a villa too. Are they that much nicer/more convenient that they’d be worth the extra cost, in your opinion?

If you’re going to do a villa, definitely try to rent points. That being said, have a room only back up plan booked, you can cancel 30+ days out at no charge.

Villas are definitely nicer. The cabins are nice too though. We don’t spend a lot of time in our room. I couldn’t see spending the extra $400+ a night through Disney to rent a villa. I would most definitely pay a little extra, renting vacation points is WAY cheaper.

I need to learn more/do some research on renting points. Our last trip I read just a bit about it but it seemed more complicated than I was willing to get into at that point. Thanks for your reply. I’m definitely going to look into it for this trip and see if it would be a good option for us.

I just booked with David’s DVCand hada very good experience. You can use their cost calculator to see if the prices work without having to deal with people until you decide to book.

1 Like

Helpful! Thank you so much!

For us, a 5 bedroom home just off property rented via HomeAway would be the way to go. Private pool, everyone has a bedroom and you have a kitchen for morning rushes.

But otherwise, have you considered just getting 2 rooms at a Value? Not as nice as the other options, but it’s probably worth pricing out just to see how it stacks up against other options.

1 Like

Wyndham Bonnet Creek would be my choice.

Even 2 rooms at moderate?

I was going to suggest this.

1 Like

Thanks to you all! I hadn’t heard of Wyndham Bonnet Creek. It looks nice. We usually do use HomeAway or Airbnb for other vacations… however, we have always liked staying on Disney property due to the perks.
We don’t spend too much time in the room, so we will certainly price connecting value rooms as well. We did that at Pop Century our first trip when my niece came with us. I’ve been reading up on the different DVC resorts as well. You’ve all been very helpful and broadened my search quite a bit. Thank you!

3 Likes

WBC is on property but no perks. It’s our family’s favorite resort. Good luck, choosing, though! We’re staying at All Stars in October and went with two rooms because we need 2 bathrooms.

2 Likes