WWYD - extending stay by one night

We are wanting to extend our 9/6 - 9/14 DVC trip by one night. We will be at Animal Kingdom all day Saturday, which would mean we’d start our 9 hour drive home at night. I’m no longer interested in a night drive :upside_down_face:I ended up calling and booking a room at POR for about 245 after taxes using the Disney Chase Visa discount - we’d be switching to there from OKW. There is no availability through DVC for that night (need a room to fit 5). Is it worth that much for a one night stay? Wondering if I should think about booking a hotel outside of Disney, since we’d be basically sleeping there only, and save about $100. On the other hand, it’ll be nice to just be able to take the bus back to the hotel after finishing the evening in the park, and to get just a little more Disney magic out of the trip. I wish I could be a true rebel and just book at Pop, and hope they don’t notice the 5th person.

So - wwyd? Spend the money and stay on site, or save the money and stay off site.

After all the $$ we are spending on this trip, it almost seems crazy to even worry about $100 - but I’m an over analyzer. I have over analyzed this entire trip for about a year now. Think I need professional counseling at this point :joy::weary:

2 Likes

I just put “hotels near Animal Kingdom” in google and plugged in September 14th, and the Comfort Inn Maingate (3* hotel, 4* rating on google) is about $100/night for 4 people. For $145, if I had to move hotels anyway, I would probably decide it was worth getting up a bit earlier to drop the bags there on the 14th before driving to AK for the day, but I can also see the appeal of not having to do all that.

1 Like

We’ve had to or chosen to stay an additional night on more than one occasion…both before and during our stay (I’m talking about YOU, Hurricane Florence!). Everyone’s financial situation is different and I would recommend that be the first thing you take into account.

Having said that, regardless of the money involved, I have NEVER regretted staying one day longer within “the bubble”. :smiley:

1 Like

The ease of being in the bubble (hello baggage transfer) is worth a premium to me. Is it worth $100? I don’t know. That could buy some decent souvenirs.

2 Likes