WWYD? - Allocating time between WDW and Universal

Agree with @Wahoohokie (btw are you a Wahoo or a Hokie??). No need to have a TP at all! We just kind of wandered from ride to ride. And Butterbeer to Butterbeer.

1 Like

Iā€™ve never used a touring plan at UOR (Iā€™ve always had an Express Pass). The waits arenā€™t all ā€œminimalā€. The EP line at Kong, for example, is annoyingly long. But shorter, I presume, than the SB line.

2 Likes

Both! VT class of 1996 and UVA class of 1998.

Ah. Split loyalties. Iā€™m a Spider :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

I have a very very similar vacation but over Thanksgiving week. We decided to go with starting at Universal and having one of their hotels so we can get the express pass for ā€œfree.ā€ We will do our arrival day at universal and then the next full day. The 3rd day we will transition over to WDW, and their hotel, with plans for MK afternoon / evening. If we still want to we could get up mega early and do early park admission again (at Universal) that last dayā€™s morning, and still have express pass, but I think weā€™ll probably need a morning off and time to pack / check out / check in. Then we will have 4 full WDW park days, although Iā€™m considering one of them another half day at MKā€¦will see if anyone leaves however. I dislike not having entire days ā€œoffā€ of parks b/c I think we need the downtime but I wanted to try Universal and with our big family just couldnā€™t justify the cost of the express passes without the hotel. I am apprehensive about switching hotels but eager to see what their hotel is like. It actually turned out to be less $$ than our WDW hotel and was considered one of the better Universal hotels while our WDW hotel is considered one of the values there. I realize I sound like I made this all about me but it seemed a lot like what you were considering. My original plan was one full day only at Universal and staying at the WDW hotel the entire time, but costs plus just plain imagining how tired weā€™d be with a very long day at Universal made me switch our plans.

I actually got up really early and went to an almost empty Hogsmeade for one last Butterbeer. Strolled through the standby line for Forbidden Journey and really took in the castle. I may have stalked a cast member who was training someone because he was pointing out all these little gems in the set. Got to Disney by about 10:30 via Uber. Totally easy. I think youā€™ll be happy you stayed onsite at Universal. Disney is better, no doubt. But I enjoyed my Universal time.

2 Likes