Wow, almost didn't even notice this cost-cutting move

I mean, it’s not a huge deal. I’m more unreasonably bummed out about the luggage tags. We were really excited about these

5 Likes

oh, those are cool luggage tags!

1 Like

I did it last night. I stopped at Dok’s around 8 o’clock last night and picked up 3 sleeves.

Had dinner at 8:45, then meandered back to Savi’s for my 10:00. They informed me ahead of time about the discount and were pleasantly surprised that I came already prepared (thank you Randall).

Sleeves were $50 each, AP discount applicable iirc

$632.58 for 3 builders, after the “no sleeve discount”. Rang up as 197.99 each

2 Likes

DH didn’t want to hear the price when he demanded that we all be able to make one.

But he’s REALLY good at math, so when we checked in and we’re told we’d be getting a $20 discount, or 10% off, I could feel his eyes bugging out behind me.

After the experience though, he would not stop gushing about how cool it was!! Not enough for him to get a second one, but he said DS and I could if we wanted.

Also, I should mention that the hilt DS wanted for power was sold out so he switched to nature instead, which was my choice. So I ended up going with power since DH nabbed justice. I ended up all out of sorts so the family would be happy. But I will be back. One day. menacing laugh

6 Likes

I need a power and control one to complete my set. Or I could just buy the pin off ebay and save $200…

3 Likes

Sounds like a good cost-cutting move on your part.

2 Likes

Thanks but It’s still better than a plastic bag

3 Likes

I’m actually quite happy with it tbh. I was just so caught up in not copying theirs, that I feel like I might have made other choices if I were alone.

Overseer and I both had a lot of problems in building mine. Parts weren’t lining up or activating. I should have asked for a new kit.

2 Likes

Well played.

1 Like

If you hear it making weird noises in the near future, the battery drains if you leave the blade on. Something they don’t tell you when you build it. It chirps annoyingly when the batteries are low

2 Likes

Yikes! I’m glad you mentioned it instead of me trying to find the annoying smoke alarm at 3 am some morning :joy:

2 Likes

Good. This is what should have been done in the beginning, but glad they are making it right now.

2 Likes

Yes ours started humming at us. And the battery was dead. The hilt lives on a hilt stand and the blade stays in the previously included but now not included inexpensive and not extra spiffy nylon case.

3 Likes

what kind of stand? I’ve been browsing etsy, but most are 3d printed and look really plasticky

It was from an Etsy shop. I’ll ask when I get home. It’s really nice

complete your training:

2 Likes

Now, I’m pleased about the Savi’s change. I think I’d rather have the discount. DH promised to make a display case for the light sabers.

https://www.wdwmagic.com/attractions/epcot/news/10jan2022-disney-hikes-the-price-of-mickey-bars-and-dole-whips-along-with-hundreds-of-other-food-and-beverage-items-at-walt-disney-world.htm

Those prices are ridiculous. I am really going to miss my free dining this year :cry:

2 Likes

Are the Mickey Ice Cream bars available at all nearby grocery stores or just some? I think I read that the quality was the same but the grocery ones were smaller. This news makes me more likely to buy the grocery store ones. Florida seems to like Publix. Are the Mickey bars available there?

1 Like