Wow, almost didn't even notice this cost-cutting move

I just want to thank you for that animaniacs reference!! I haven’t thought about that cartoon/episode in YEARS. Now they will be in my head every time I get asked to take a survey. So maybe no thanks after all :stuck_out_tongue:

5 Likes

Do you like George Wendt?
Do you like beans?
Would you like to see George Wendt eating beans?

Edit: I just rewatched the episode: these were not the questions. But I was close.

4 Likes

:notes: United States, Canada, Mexico, Panama, Haiti, Jamaica, Peru… :notes:

Ok I’m done now :laughing:

7 Likes

on a lighter note, nice use of the word “bupkiss.” not something you see everyday.

(and, very much agree with you about the cuts. my next trip gets farther away each day.)

3 Likes

We never got anything like that for our first couple of trips onsite (pre DVC). That was back around 2009/10.

Cheap-ek looks so much like an evil genie to me. So, when I run across some Disney Skrimpflation I think to myself “Bad Genie!” in the tone you’d use on a small dog named Genie that just piddled on your carpet.

6 Likes

You just earned the full set of these Animaniacs action figures amiga!

https://preorder.super7store.com/collections/animaniacs-ultimates-wave-1-figures/products/animaniacs-ultimates-wave-1-set-of-5-pre-order

4 Likes

Same!

1 Like

Good grief.

I can totally accept a supply chain issue. World is kooky dooks at the moment. But to A) not reduce the already inflated cost (it’s gone up in the 3 short years even though no new models have been introduced), b) not SAY anything is damn underhanded.

9 Likes

My family and I have been talking about this for the last hour. We did Savi’s in November. Yeah it is pricy, but the experience is amazing. If it had been capped off with a cheap plastic bag I think it would’ve spoiled that experience.

I’m with you about understanding the supply shortage, but there has to be some sort of an adjustment.

5 Likes

I would even accept an equal value (even an “at cost”) gift card as an “apology”. But definitely not a “long trash bag” and then being told “it counts as a carrying case”.

5 Likes

Agree.

Man all These cuts! Oof if they had to cut a few things fine, but all the little things are adding up.

Making Disney lose its appeal and I am questioning our return. I’m sure my kids will still love it and won’t notice but yikes! We will!

5 Likes

I had a similar thought, give them a coupon to use on a sleeve at dok ondar’s.

Really, they could just give you the sleeve but I have a better shot at being the next CEO at Disney than that happening.

7 Likes

I doubt the “supply shortage” plays a huge part. They are probably imported and the cost of freight for light items is crazy. Heavier items already had a heftier fee and the freight cost didn’t increase in the same percentage for lighter items as heavier items, at least in my industry and other similar ones I’ve inquired about. This is what I’m seeing, a premium for light items. They will have to produce less of these, so if there is a (some sort of) shortage, they can order less and still meet demand, at a price that puts them in the green per item.

3 Likes

I heard about carrying case supply chain issues before my trip - we really needed those carrying cases. So I asked on the DVC fan Facebook group. Some DL people had already had a problem with this before Christmas, but it is new at Savis. They used to give people an extra kyber crystal to make up for no case.

I would have wanted a discount on a case.

5 Likes

This really chaps my hide. DH wanted to do this. My thought had been that DD would do it and DH would be the observer. But I made two appointments many days apart and my plan was to bribe them into cooperating at a photo shoot with the second session. Now I am second-guessing that.

Can anyone tell me the dimensions of these bags? And where the opening is? I could make one that matched daughters Jedi robe.

Does anyone have a screenshot of what was offered as a part of the Jedi experience?

2 Likes

I’ll measure as soon as I get DD to turn off her reading light and go to bed!

1 Like

Ours measure 35 inches long for the saber part (there is another 4" of fabric that inclides the closure) and 2" internal diameter and 2.5" external diameter (there is a layer of foam padding). I would go up a little bit in diameter to make sure it fits, my husband’s had a wide hilt and it just barely fits in.

The strap runs the length of the case.

3 Likes

When it comes to disney, at this point “Supply Shortage” is translating to “it was costing us so we didn’t order much.” :smirk:

6 Likes

I don’t doubt there is a supply shortage. I think that they probably can’t get enough of them to satisfy everyone coming to Savi’s hence the change.

But they really should do something else to compensate. An extra crystal would be good, or a discount. They just can’t make it so everyone can purchase one or they’d run out.

Bad on Disney for not adjusting anything, especially when the case is advertised.

6 Likes