Wow, almost didn't even notice this cost-cutting move

I just realized I never got a “Thanks for coming” email from Disney for the Anniversary trip.

Anyone else?

Love how we went from letters with drawings, to emails, to…bupkiss. And all in the span of 3 years. Top notch management over at Disney.

You know those automated emails, they’re…
:moneybag: :moneybag: :moneybag: :moneybag: :moneybag: :moneybag: :moneybag: :moneybag: :moneybag: :moneybag: :moneybag: :moneybag: :moneybag: :moneybag: :moneybag: :moneybag: :moneybag: :moneybag: :moneybag: :moneybag: :moneybag: :moneybag: :moneybag: :moneybag:

Best way to kick an addiction is to make the “trip” awful. Thanks Chapek and D’amaro for being my DA Sponsors! :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

9 Likes

I got a thanks email connected to a survey for our trip a few weeks ago. But may have been random.

2 Likes

Maybe they don’t thank people who heckle Chapek :thinking::wink::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

9 Likes

Funny I was just looking at my “thank you” drawings on the fridge the other day and wondering if I had gotten one from June.

4 Likes

Yeah I don’t think I’ve gotten any kind of thank you in a long time.

1 Like

Is that now what it is? A backdoor “wouldja like to take a survey” email?

Swell.

This was usually a generic email with a generic movie or photo and saying “thank you for spending time with us! we hope you had a magical stay!” or something to that effect.

2 Likes

but I’m sure to get every damn movie-opening email from El Capitian theater! Nevermind the fact the damn theater is ON THE OTHER COAST! :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

3 Likes

We got nothing from our trip a month ago. We also never got a drawing on any prior trips in 2007, 2016 or 2018.

2 Likes

Weird. I know I got one in 2016 (coulda knocked me over with a feather at the time as I didn’t know it was a thing).

And I also got one in late 2018. That one was especially neat because it interacted with the MDE App to create an augmented reality Mickey saying “thanks!”

Then Chapek and D’Amaro was like “NOPE!” And pulled it back to stupid emails that were about as custom as a business card.

Good thing I’m not even bitter about this. :crossed_fingers:

5 Likes

Oh, we got an email for 2016 and 2018 (not sure about 2007). But everyone raved about these drawings they got in the mail and we never received one.

1 Like

I did not get any holiday wishes from Disney, but I did get this.

8 Likes

yo, real talk: that Grinch they got is friggin AMAZING!!! I’ve been watching a ton of videos of his interactions. Holy cats.

3 Likes

Yeah buuuuut he’s not a Genie :rofl:

2 Likes

Unlike Genie, the Grinch’s heart GREW three sizes.

7 Likes

yeah, he GIVES away stuff instead of simply taking money.

5 Likes

We’ll now call Genie the Tin Man

2 Likes

Mine never worked though :frowning:

we’ve already had one character ruined. Let’s not make it a two-fer.

1 Like

Good catch. Already have enough crying around here

2 Likes

Not sure the analogy works. In the end, Tin Man was shown to have always had a heart…and his concern that he didn’t have one was further evidence he is NOT a good stand in for Chapek, etc. :slight_smile:

1 Like