Would you skip a park to do two days at one park?

Like the guy says in the movie: goals

:wink:

Eta:

apparently the guy in the movie says “incentives”

I always thought it was goals

My first ever trip to WDW in 2011 we only had 3 1/2 days. The 1/2 day we did Epcot. I had no clue what WS was until my 2nd trip :rofl: Who knew I was missing so much.

Now, I can easily do AK in a half day. So, if I did it again, I would probably do AK as the 1/2 day. (We were leaving on a cruise from Port Canaveral)

We did this on our Labor Day trip and it worked well. We did everything we wanted to do except for 1 ride and left about 1:00. I didn’t see AK for the first time until it’s 20th anniversary. I think it’s great!

In that case - it is entirely up to what you love to do… rides? food? wandering and people watching? seeing animals? Is there a movie or story that is your absolute favorite? The magic of the Imagineers really blow your mind?

A solo day in the parks means go at your own speed, and is amazing. For many of us on the crazier side ‘our own speed’ is full throttle…but it is an excellent opportunity to slow down and soak it all in…as @janamelia suggested ‘quality of quantity’.

1 Like

I missed your second post while typing my response.

Because I don’t do Flight of Passage and it’s a family favorite I’ve spent some time wandering solo around Animal Kingdom. I highly recommend this park for the start of your second day. Arrive early! And just wander. If you like drawing at all, take the train to Conservation Station to do the Animation thing there.

Remember the resorts. Where are you staying?

On your arrival day, once you check in and deposit your luggage you could do a monorail tour of 3 very different resorts - Contemporary, Polynesian and Grand Floridian. Lobbies, shops, lounges for refreshments. A couple of boat rides take you to two other resorts - Wilderness Lodge and Fort Wilderness. Wilderness Lodge has an amazing lobby and one of my favorite shops. Great pool bar and grill. Fort Wilderness doesn’t have a lobby really but a short stroll from the Marina is Crockett’s Tavern with a large covered porch and plenty of rocking chairs to relax in with a beverage. And lots of trees. :blush:

We love the parks and have special must do rides, but I think the resorts are a big part of why we keep returning. It’s a rare trip that we don’t visit two or three other resorts - mostly to eat.

Some folks here could recommend Disney Springs and it’s a possibility. For myself, after traveling, the lack of crowds at the resorts would be restorative.

2 Likes

One year we skipped AK in order to have 2 days at MK, and one year we skipped HS in order to have 2 days at MK. That said, we go to WDW once a year so if we miss a park one year, we make sure to include it the following year. I could see skipping Epcot under some circumstances too.

If this is a once in decade or more trip, however, then I would not skip a park.

3 Likes