Would you rather…? New Poll!

We are less than three weeks out from ADR day and I’d love some opinions… some of you may recall from other threads that we are bringing another family along on this trip and it’s their first. They are super happy to have me plan on their behalf and I’m happy to do it, but there are some things I’m just torn on.

Poll #1 involves setting up a dinner date for the other couple while we take all the kids for the night. They love dates. Wife is a vegetarian, but not necessarily complicated about it (she’ll pick pepperoni off a slice of pizza and eat the pizza). She and the Husband are well traveled (they lived in Guam for a time) and she even spent a summer in Africa working with bats (she’s a veterinarian!). They both love wine. Her favorite cuisine is Indian but probably her favorite food is bread and dip, so….

Where should I send them?

• Jiko
  • Sanaa

0 voters

3 Likes

I picked where I would go, then read your thread, and then thought…eeeh maybe not for this couple. I see why you’re torn. It will be interesting to see what others pick.

1 Like

Because it’s date night, it should be Jiko.

The whole lot of you can do Sanaa.

6 Likes

Agree with @OBNurseNH … Jiko for date night. Also, the wine list there is pretty decent.

4 Likes

We loved Jiko so that is my vote.

PS - From the title I thought I was opening an @sanstitre_has_left_the_building thread with some complex, theoretical dilemma.

7 Likes

Ha! I take this as a compliment?!

3 Likes

Definitely Jiko for a date night. If you can put in the reservation that they are celebrating something I would. Some tables there are cozier and more suited for a special evening.

2 Likes

So I was thinking vegetarian, Sanaa. But then liking wine? Def Jiko. The experience there is so elevated and so much better for a date night. Sanaa is a bummer at night when you cannot see the animals, and it is so family friendly that it’s a lot of kids everywhere.

Pretty sure their vegetarian options would be very delicious as well, even tho Jiko is known for the meats.

3 Likes

I wanted to choose Jiko, but it’s far more meat heavy than Sanaa. If a few vegetarian options is the goal, definitely Sanaa. But if the experience is the goal - Jiko. What a lovely gesture to babysit while they have date night?

2 Likes

Jiko because they have the wine. Plus, Sanaa at night is barely worth doing, IMHO.

2 Likes

I picked Sanaa for the bread service and Indian (ish) food vibe but I agree, maybe Jiko is better for date night. Also, my DD would probably love to talk to your friend lol. DD is graduating from vet school in May, has done bat research, and spent last summer in Africa!

2 Likes

New poll! For DH and my date night…. We’re both pretty big Star Wars fans and built droids and spent the night in Batuu for our first Disney date night. The last date we did was Haunted Mansion, California Grill, and then champagne in Epcot by the Feine. We enjoyed both very much. And I know we’ll have fun no matter what we choose. Here’s the thing - we really don’t need a couple of light sabers in our house (honestly I’m not even certain where we’d keep them), but those of you who have built them make the experience sound so worth it. So, should our date night entail a trip to Savi’s?

• This is the way.
  • It’s a trap!

0 voters

1 Like

Is this a word I never knew before for fake Seine?! :exploding_head:

4 Likes

I think I coined it in my trip report in May 2021. I don’t think it’s caught on, but it stuck with me so :woman_shrugging:t2:

(And yes = Fake Seine!)

4 Likes

Some of my favorite date nights ever were when DH and I just wander, especially in WDW so this

made me :heart_eyes: :heart_eyes: :heart_eyes: :heart_eyes: irl.

Yes, the experience is just something to add to the experiences bucket. We bought three sabres and have literally never turned them on after the night we made them. In fact, I’m pretty sure they’re in our storage sheds now, but we remember the experience and how cool it was to take it in.

I actually like that it’s a date night plan because I was so focused on DS, I feel I missed a lot personally.

And then go get drinks and act silly and fall in love all over again :heart_eyes: :heart_eyes: :heart_eyes: :heart_eyes: :heart_eyes:

Ugh, I can’t with me right now.

4 Likes

I voted “This is the way” but I have a caveat.

The whole lightsaber experience is SUPER fun. I took DD10 to do it in February and we had a blast. BUT, it is short. Like, maybe 20 minutes total from start to finish. And its like $500 for 2 people (or so).

So, even though I REALLY wanted to do it. And I took DD10 (my star wars nut) to do it AND we had a lot of fun. AND the lightsabers are cool…

I’m not sure that the “juice was worth the squeeze” so to speak.

I regret nothing, but having done it, IDK if I recommend it unless you are REALLY SW junkies. For a 20 minute experience - you gotta WANT the lightsaber (which DD10 really did).

Probably no help. But, I will say, the cast members who perform at Savvi’s are VERY good.

4 Likes

Fair enough. I suppose we could just get one for us to share… (I call dibs!)

4 Likes