Would you rather? (AKA - Someone needs to revoke my internet privileges!)

Might as well do the same at BWI for the second part of the stay too!!

Good to know others go through this too. It’s funny how the dominoes start to fall once you start with the upgrades! You tell yourself the change in price is only marginal each time, but by the time you add it all up you’ve doubled!!!

4 Likes

Yes! I only went from All Star Music to CBR and then added on another 3 nights at the Swan and 2 more days of tickets, and it definitely didn’t double the cost (I had a lot of Marriott points so the Swan is basically resort fee plus parking and tax) but the temptation has been strong to keep improving our experience. So far I’m too cheap to add on dessert parties or after hours/emm but we’ll see if that lasts.

Which do you have booked right now and which way are you leaning?

1 Like

I can’t resist the dessert parties! We did a couple last time and will do them again this time. Fortunately, at least at this point, EMM and DAH are not begin offered during my dates and I don’t have to make that decision. I probably wouldn’t do DAH anyway, but EMM would tempt me.

Is still have all my bookings - CS (club level), CR (both lake and theme park view), and WL (one regular nature room, one bunk nature room). A 1-bedroom lake view villa popped open at Bay Lake last night and I used all my restraint and didn’t book it!

I spent all day leaning toward CR yesterday, but then last night I started thinking WL. I haven’t had a chance to talk to DH or my mom about it yet, they should probably get a say too!!

Ha! I suppose yes. None of them are bad options and I commend your restraint at not booking the villa!

1 Like

It’s been rough! I saw it pop back up again this morning. So tempting!

Get thee behind me, lake view villa!

1 Like

And now there’s a Deluxe club room available at Wilderness! Too bad it’s rack rate.

Why did I look again? There’s now a Fort Wilderness cabin for our week. It’ll be $20 cheaper than our AoA suite. It’s so tempting but I really want to do the AoA suites before my kids age out of this phase. And we’ve been talking about the Skyliner for months now.

I did a quick straw poll (without naming the second resort option) and both kids say they want Nemo and the Skyliner. My husband’s vote was that I stop looking (I was originally just checking on AKL for one night). I then started playing around with the options. How about 5 nights at AoA and then 3 at the cabins? The $ started ticking up and I realized I was losing my mind. No more!

4 Likes

Well I have the opposite problem. My mom and husband are enablers. I showed my mom all the options and she told me to just do whatever I want, she doesn’t care. So I told her I was booking a 3 bedroom cabin!! (I’m not, but I might take that 1 bedroom at Bay Lake if it pops up again!)

2 Likes

Would you believe I still haven’t made a decision?!

I think I’ve narrowed it down to either 2 club level rooms at CSR in the new tower, or a 1 bedroom villa at BLT.

It seems like BLT should be the choice because of it’s convenient location (during the 4 day stay we will go to MK 3 times, tour the monorail resorts, and eat at WL). But, I really like sound of the new tower at CSR. And I have a feeling that it’s prices will go up faster than other resorts, especially the (relatively) cheap standard club level rooms. So I should take advantage now, right? I mean, I can always rent points for BLT (or any of the other park adjacent resorts) for even less than I got with the Fall discount deal. I’m so torn!!!

ETA - After all my angst about whether or not to go, we would probably skip Chef Mickey’s if we stay at CSR. But I’m really excited about Chef Mickey’s now!

2 Likes

After seeing photos of the new tower, I’d be deliberating too. It’s the kind of situation when I need to a flip a coin to decide, and my instant reaction of relief or disappointment to what the coin decides tells me what the right answer is.

2 Likes

I vote BLT. Walking to MK is magical. Walking back after fireworks is amazing!

1 Like

This is a great idea! Though I’m scared to do it. I’m not ready to give up either option!!

1 Like

Yes, we have a PPO morning and a after fireworks dessert party night planned so the walk would be so much better than the boat to TTC followed by the car to CSR.

1 Like

The location part for BLT sounds way better. But did you see the view of GE from the Gran Destino tower in the Honorable Mention section here The SATURDAY SIX Presents: @bioreconstruct’s Favorite Aerial Photographs (Epcot, Magic Kingdom, Volcano Bay, and more) | TouringPlans.com Blog ?

1 Like

Stunning!!

I think I have a new plan…3 - 4 nights at Gran Destino, 1 - 2 nights at the Cabins at Ft. Wilderness (will make travel to MK easy and will make it easier for my evening plan to cruise the loops to see decorations), and 5 nights at BWI. I have to talk to my husband and mom and make sure they are on board with 2 hotel moves though.

Or maybe 3 - 4 nights at Gran Destino, 1 - 2 nights at BLT, and 5 nights at BWI.

1 Like