Would You Rather - AK or HS

Heading Home for solo trip #2 of the year on Saturday!

I have limited time on Monday morning to spend in a park.
I can go to either Hollywood Studios (which opens at 9) or Animal Kingdom (which has EMH and opens at 8). Either way I need to leave by 11am.

Would you rather spend your morning at Hollywood, knowing you’ll only have 2 hours, or go to Animal Kingdom to get that extra hour, knowing that a lot of that time will be eaten up in the walking around?

I had planned on doing Early Morning Magic - Toy Story Land but mom guilt had me cancel it and now I have regrets.

I’m already doing MNSSHP on Tuesday night so I don’t want to go back to MK and I have two days at Epcot so don’t want to go back there either.

Did not read. Answer is always AK

5 Likes

Wow! What a tough choice. I’d go with AK, just because of the extra time. Personally, I’d prefer DHS, but you’ll spend a third of the time just getting to one area of that park. If you still had EMM at DHS that would make this an easy choice!! GL and safe travels!!

1 Like

If I were solo, I think AK would be more fun to explore and do things at my own pace. Wander the trails, try out the animation class, jump on a safari. I would save HS to share with someone else so I could point out little movie touches and have a partner for the rides/shows.

2 Likes

Another vote for AK

1 Like

Thanks all - My gut was saying AK too but I needed the TP experts to validate my thinking. heh

1 Like

You would get more accomplished at AK. But, visiting HS before the madness is something to consider. I would pick AK any day of the week but its because I love animals and a natural environment. HS has its benefits, just dont know if it can be found in a couple hours…

1 Like

Fast Pass selection for AK is all afternoon times, except for shows…
I have never done a park without a plan. :flushed:
I am thinking rope drop for FOP, catch the 9:01 FP drop and try to ride it twice before I have to leave. SR over at Everest and maybe ride Dinosaur while I’m over there.

2 Likes

AK–best park in WDW

2 Likes

Animal Kingdom has my heart so it will always be AK. For my next trip, I had 2 days at MK and gave one of them up for 2 days at AK.

Was able to get back into Early Morning Magic so I’m heading to HS. Can’t resist the extra park time.
Hoping I don’t regret the $85 spent! lol

3 Likes