Would you give up a daytime meal at Sanaa to do Cali Grill Brunch?

But that’s with unlimited Bloodys right? Right?

1 Like

No. But the Bloody Marys are in a double Hurricane glass, and it would be a challenge to drink more than one. It’s fine to try once, as they’re quite good, but it gets in the way of too many worthy things to eat.

3 Likes

Let me know when and I’ll be there.

2 Likes

The derp and inoperative statements in this thread are warping the fabric of space-time. But what do I know? I’m just a cat.

2 Likes

One does have to pace oneself.

3 Likes

Are you challenging my Mexican drunkenness señor gatito?

2 Likes

alas, King Cat is correct. You pay as you go on the Bloody Mary’s. The mimosas are bottomless.

1 Like

Brunch at Cali Grill was amazing. It was one of the highlights of my last trip. However if neither of you are big eaters, you may want to weigh the cost vs what you will eat. It is a lot of (very delicious) food.

1 Like

See, and this is the sort of comment that is tempting me despite the fact that I know that we won’t and can’t eat enough to make the cost “worth it.” I mean, my normal breakfast is a single english muffin with jam and that keeps me going just fine until 1pm most days. I could maybe get through everything on the plate in your last photo, but I’d feel stuffed and uncomfortable for a long time after . . . and that’s just one plate from the appetizer/sushi bar, correct? Then you get an entire entree as well?

Yes the bottom photo is a single pass through the buffet.

The second photo is just half of the eggs Benedict entree.

It was a really lovely, relaxed, beautiful atmosphere. It did help that our reservation was for 11:45, so basically it was our primary meal for the day.

1 Like

Absolutely not. Tomato juice is filling, and a mild appetite suppressant to boot. One of those food sculptures (as @OBNurseNH put it) is more than enough.

2 Likes

Uhm… you we’re supposed to say “Of course it’s a challenge!”

Time to play devil’s advocate…

I know we all are on a budget of some sort while on vacation. Budget aside, there are many reasons to treat yourself to the Cali Brunch.
The air is really lovely on the 16th floor. I think they super purify it. It’s so refreshing to walk out of the elevator and into the restaurant.
You’re greeted with a mimosa and led to your table.;
The view is fabulous.
The serenade by the live musical duo is wonderful. They take requests!
The staff are all extremely courteous and seem genuinely happy to be there.
The food is devine.

If price is could be the last consideration, don’t feel that you need to eat to excess. Take your time (there is no feeling whatsoever of being rushed) and enjoy the whole experience.

Then, after all that, you can return that same evening to watch HEA from the balcony. That is something everyone should get to see.

Ok, poor Sanaa! I really like Sanaa, but the 2 are not comparable really. And (oversharing warning!!!) last time we ate there, I was the least popular person in my family for the rest of the evening. That place did a number on my intestines…

1 Like

Why didn’t you say all that when I was cancelling my reservation! I really want to go now!

Do you work in sales? You should!

2 Likes

I do own a business and my interpersonal skills are essential to our success! (humble brag)

You did go to V&A. That’s probably enough splurge for one trip. No regrets!!

There’s always next time…

2 Likes

I expect this is going to make me as popular as face warts, but understand I’m not saying what follows to be supercilious.

If one goes to this brunch giving great consideration to how much it costs, one shouldn’t go. The cost is always going to be foremost in one’s mind, no matter how much one tries to think of other things. Not the atmosphere, the quality of food, the service, or anything else. Is one eating enough to justify the cost? Those are going to be self-fulfilling impossible standards.

I’ve been to this brunch more times than I care to say. I enjoy the time with close friends. It’s an island of civilization in a way the parks aren’t. For me, cost isn’t much of a consideration. My transportation costs are about $15 in gas. DVC means my room is effectively prepaid*. I budget a substantial amount for local food and drink anyway. So my perspective isn’t that common.

*I’ll spare the Real Men of Financial Genius the trouble and acknowledge that DVC demonstrates innumeracy and fiscal insanity, and my family will be cursed with destitution for ten generations.

2 Likes

A humble brag is when you say, “Oh, this is so embarrassing, but I just discovered I’m the most popular poster on Touring Plans.”

What you did was a regular brag.

Ahem.

3 Likes

THis was discussed this week on (your favorite WDW podcast) The Dis Unplugged. And I agree with it. Although I recognize that cost is a factor in many things that most people do, at WDW and beyond, if a thing is meaningful it’s cost should not be really all that important. If CG means a lot to a person, perhaps they curb spending elsewhere so as to afford them the ability to go and just enjoy it, cost notwithstanding.

You are wise, Kitteh (except for the DVC thing - but then, who am I to judge)

2 Likes

I want to run and hide when I see how much people pay for on-property rooms. Last time I paid out of pocket was $119 for Coronado Springs two years ago. That price caused some to do handsprings; it just made me queasy.

Dessert parties are really where I fail to see the return on investment.

Your DVC stoogery blinds you to THE TRVTH. I have taken the red pill, so all has been revealed. Or maybe it was just an antacid.

Oh, and Pete Werner delenda est.

EDIT: If the World’s Tiniest Disney Blogger was standing in the meteor strike zone with him, I wouldn’t be unhappy. Wednesday, he hiked up his Sans-a-belt™ slacks and emitted a cloud of young fogey derp about how Disney Springs’s recent construction was all “insipid hipster rustic.” Chop chop! Someone get that fellow some Fig Newtons™ and warm milk, post haste!