Worth going for 2 days?

I sometimes skip HM. :man_shrugging: I like it but DW doesn’t really like the vibe of it - she is sensitive to demonic stuff. I like to go because it’s one of the last classic rides Walt had a personal hand in creating. But it’s not one I feel the need to ride over and over. It’s above JC but below PotC and PP for me.

2 Likes

:open_mouth:

And yet she allows you to stay…

4 Likes

:rofl:

4 Likes

With three relatively young kids you may want to temper expectations a bit more. Some of these “must do” lists look a bit long for a short trip. Naps, strollers, bathroom breaks, snacks, characters, early bedtimes, etc can really wreck havoc on a touring plan.

You’ll still have a great time and see/experience a lot, but try not to sweat the things you may miss. Some of the kids’ best memories very likely won’t be rides. My 5 year old talks more about character interactions and Avenger fights/shows than he does any ride.

5 Likes

Yeah my kids number one thing at WDW was the pool haha. DW put her foot down that we can’t add a 3rd day. And have to stay offsite. Will definitely be prioritizing everything and not doing a lot of things I want to. So I’m probably going to focus on 2-3 main things each morning, nap pool time, then 2-3 things in afternoon /evening. Everything else will be icing on top. Main point of the trip is San Diego, I just have a hard time not going all in on Disney.

6 Likes

Jordan, I’m heading to DLR February 7-10 with my niece and her family. We will be using DAS and I’ll try to update on how it is working there. My grand nieces and nephews range in age from 4-8 (there are five of them!) and all of them qualify for DAS. If you can mix in some RD low lines with DAS return times and pre-selected attractions, you might be able to do more than you think. I would for sure do HM since that’s your favorite. The other musts for me on a tight timeline would be Cars Land and Webslingers if the kids are into Spidey.

5 Likes

Maybe you can get more park time if you pick a hotel with a boring pool. :laughing:

5 Likes

Yeah that’s what its looking like. Rectangular pool in a parking lot. Yay…

2 Likes

This 7 day trip is looking like $8-9k. Ouch… Can we just go to WDW instead?!?!

1 Like

For me DL is always way cheaper because I don’t have to fly and hotels are much cheaper.

:scream:

I’ve never regretted a short weekend trip! It’s nice just to reboot.

1 Like

$2600 hotel (3 nts San Diego @350, 1 nt Legoland @350, 3 nts offsite DL @400)
$2400 tix (1 day Legoland, SD Zoo + museums, 3 day PH @ DL)
$1700 flights
$800 car rental
$800 food (probably too conservative)
$500 dog boarding
$400 miscellaneous (souvenirs, drinks, etc.)

I’m looking for cheaper offsite hotels in Anaheim and may cut out the 3rd day and park hopping, so one day at each park. I don’t like that idea, but I think when DW sees this total shes going to fire some lasers…

3 Likes

I see how you snuck in a 3rd day there!

3 Likes

We’ve been over this. She is not mean. I have met her.

:upside_down_face:

2 Likes

Maybe keep 3 days and cut park hopping? Two days at DL and one day at DCA would allow you to do just about everything.

2 Likes

Thing about that is the 3rd day would really be a half day. It would be filling up an “off day” in between SD and LA with more park time, which may bite us in the end if the kids are too tired. I think we may be better off truly taking the day off and going hard two days.

ETA: I think I lean more towards keeping two days and hopping. There is grad night one of those nights, so was thinking of CA morning and DL evening. Not sure if that is the right way to do it or not. The other day, start in DL and end in CA.

2 Likes

I’m such a DL rookie. I just started reading about dining. And I havent even looked at park maps or attractions to orient myself yet. Exciting, but also stressful because I’m used to just knowing everything already for WDW planning…

3 Likes

Yes, in that case, I would definitely go for the rest day.

We rarely get TS at DL. Lots of good QS options! That will save you some $$!

4 Likes

Your budget for hotel is very generous!

Since you are considering an offsite hotel at DLR, how about Camelot Inn & Suites? I’ve read someone else staying there recently but can’t remember who. You can do a 2 bedroom suite or a 2 Queen with sleeper? It is located next to McDonald’s and very close to the crosswalk to DLR.

I’m staying at the Hilton Garden Inn Anaheim Resort next week. It is further than Camelot to DLR. Your family would fit into a 2 Queen with a sofabed. I stayed there in November and it was only 4 months old at that time and got an excellent rate. I got an excellent rate for next week, too.

I love the SD Zoo but it is huge! I paid for one of those machine foot massages there.

3 Likes