Worst Case Scenario for a Masked Two Year Old?

I remember reading some trip reports over the last few months that involved young child in masks. I can’t for the life of me find them now, so you might want to browse through some of the trip reports to see if you can find them. I recall most being pleasantly surprised about how well their kids did with the masks and the CMs were gentle when reminding the little ones. Most recommended several masks as they get sweaty, dirty etc. You can probably use the stroller (if you bring one) as a break too. I doubt anyone is going to say anything if a child is in a stroller with the sunshade down and the mask is not fully over the nose and mouth.

2 Likes

We just returned and my 3 year old did better than I expected. He really did pick up on what everyone else was doing. I would say to pack extra masks and maybe some different materials/styles. He at times did pull his mask down and we were attentive enough that no cast member needed to say anything. In my experience if they see that you’re aware and making the effort they’re ok- I couldn’t always see when pushing the stroller so it was very few times that it was down or off but I would immediately pull the stroller over and fix it. One time it was rather hot and he was asleep in the stroller so i moved his mask down slightly. No attention was brought to this as plenty of older children and adults needed reminding to keep it over their noses. I would say be aware and considerate and the worst case scenario will be taking him back for a pool break!! Our pool time was wonderful this trip and the kids loved it!!

2 Likes