Wonderland dining discount

Just what is the Wonderland 20% discount when dining? Is this exclusive to dining package plans?

Tables in Wonderland is a discount program honored at a number of Disney restaurants. You would not be eligible for the discount if you’re on the Disney Dining Plan though. You need to be a Florida Resident or Disney Vacation Club member to purchase. (Maybe Annual Passhokder too - not sure). Basically you get a 20% discount off your total bill (including alcohol). They do add 18% gratuities on too. The cost of the card is $100 (it may have gone up since we last purchased). I would recommend doing some research to determine which restaurants participate in TIW and checking menus to get idea of what your total bill would be and then apply your discount to see if it is worth the money for you. We found that it was a big savings for us as we ate at a Table Service restaurant at least once a day and will have a glass or 2 of wine with dinner. Check out the Tables in Wonderland website and remember that it’s not eligible for snacks or QS meals. Just another tip, if you are a DVC member you get 10% at many restaurants without purchasing something additional. Same discount if you are a Chase Disney Rewards card holder.

Yes, annual passholders can purchase. It is $150 now for AP and DVC, $175 for FL residents.

You can actually use it it for a few QS meals, at the hotels that only have a food court and not a TS restaurant (so all 5 Value hotels and POFQ).

Thanks for clarifying.

1 Like

It is funny but you can also use your Tables in Wonderland at FlameTree and I can never figure out how that got on the list. I love my TiW card because I like to eat in lounges and I can use it in Crew’s Cup or Tune In Lounge.

Although we love using the DVC or Chase Disney Rewards discounts on shorter trips, they are becoming more limited. For us, the TIW works better because (a) the discount is 20%, (b) more restaurants are included, (c) it can be used at any meal. The other discounts seem to be closer to 10% at most places, and they often exclude dinner. Also, DVC excluded alcohol. There’s a great chart at allears.net that compares them. Link here. (That’s the 2016 chart, 2017 not on the site yet. If you want more updated information, just go to the site and search for dining discounts.)

At the $150 price point (for AP and DVC), you will break even after you spend $750. We are a family of six, all “Disney adult” but only three who can drink alcohol, so we tend to break even after two table service meals. But for shorter trips and/or smaller (and younger) parties, it may take much longer to get to that break even point. In that case, the other discounts may make more sense.

1 Like