Wizard money request

Intellectual honesty, noted and appreciated. :wink:

When are you giving your kiddo the letter? Upon arrival to hotel, or before you leave for your trip?

Ok, so maybe I’ll use the font a little more sparingly. Although my niece and nephews love Harry Potter, they are not so in love that they would notice discrepancies like the font. I do think that the full body of the letter in the HP font was a little much. This still looks wizardy to me, but is a little less intense.

I think I’ll give them the letters when we arrive at the Universal hotel. I had thought about mailing the letters to them, but I don’t want it to be one more thing they have to remember to pack (assuming I can get the wizard money).

Not sure if it is too late…but since you can actually send letters from the post office in Hogmeade to get the post mark, perhaps you could find someone who is going to Universal in the coming weeks and mail THEM a copy of the letters that they can then mail FROM Universal back to your home with the postmark!

2 Likes

That’s a great idea!

Alright, here’s the finished product (except for the wizard money). There are a couple of things I would change in retrospect, but all-in-all, I think they are super cute.

Surprisingly, the wax stamp did have quite a learning curve. I think this was the 3rd attempt. I got the ticket graphic from the interweb, and printed it on both sides of some resume-type cardstock. So fun!! Now I need some wizard money!

6 Likes

I absolutely love it! You did an amazing job! :heart::heart::heart:

1 Like

Nice work. Did you buy the parchment or did you coffee stain it yourself?

Looks great!

1 Like

I bought it that way on amazon. Probably could’ve stained it myself, but this was a sure bet. :slight_smile:

Woohoo!! My husband found a website that sells the wizard money. It’s not a deal by any account, but it’s cheaper than flying to Orlando to pick it up myself. They sell $20 notes for $25 (plus shipping). Here’s the link if anyone is interested.

https://www.yourwdwstore.net/Universal-Dollars--Gringotts-Wizarding-Bank--20-Dollar-Note_p_60802.html?amp=1

Also, like I said, I’ll be going to the park in the 3rd week of Oct, and I’d be happy to pick up some wizard money if anyone needs it.

1 Like

I love this!! We are going in December and my DS11 and DD7 will be over the moon with this. They want to be dressed in robes while we are there and get the full experience so this will be perfect for getting them even more excited (if that is possible!) Thanks for all of the great tips. I have this post bookmarked!

1 Like

@KJ Let me know if you would like me to pick up some wizard money for you when I am there in Oct. Or if you want to get the letters ready and mail them to me, I can mail the letters from the post office in Hogsmeade if you would like. I can take my wax stamp stuff with me so I could add the money and then seal them up and send them. :slight_smile:

1 Like

That is so absolutely kind of you!! I may take you up on the offer! I will be in touch when I get my letters finished :smiley:

1 Like

Shout out to @BeckyTemp13 for being a very kind human being! :slight_smile:

awwww. Thanks! It’s a Golden Rule type situation. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’m glad you mentioned this (the font situation)! I am not obsessed like my daughter and she would notice this too!

Update~ I finally got my wizard money in the mail. If you are considering ordering from the website I listed above, just plan ahead. It took about 4 weeks for it to arrive. It’s possible that if you call them you could get it faster.

I finished up the letters and I can’t wait to surprise the kids! 12 days!

5 Likes

I really love this idea and never would have thought of it myself. We just booked to visit in July today so of course I went ahead and ordered the paper and wax seal set on Amazon. We have some family in Florida who may oblige by letting us paypal some money for them to mail us our wizard bucks, but if no one is heading up to Orlando before our trip I will just have to bite the bullet and order some wizard bucks from that site. Thank you so much for the link! Now the real question. Will my now grown daughters be pouty if they don’t get letters, too? :rofl:

Mine probably would! But I love spoiling them when we do big trips like this. About a year ago I took my grown kids to WDW and I was super excited to eat at CRT for the first time. I ended up getting tiaras for the girls, as well as wooden boxes to put them in, and I lined the boxes with satin. I made scroll invitations for them from Cinderella, inviting them to eat at her castle. And I gave that to them for Christmas gifts. It was super fun, and we all wore our tiaras that whole day. The girls were 20 and 23 at the time. :slight_smile:

The HP letters ended up being perfect for my nephews and niece. The first day we were there, we could not get the kids out of bed. (They were still on Colorado time, so it was like 4 in the morning for them…) But I brought the letters to them in bed, and told them that an owl had delivered them overnight. It was enough to get all of them up to check it out., and they loved trying to decide what to spend their wizard money on.

I hope your family loves it!

2 Likes

The scroll invitations to lunch at the castle and wearing tiaras all day sounds so cute!

My daughters will be 25 and and 30 when we go. This trip is for the grandchildren. Well. In theory.

We’re planning on trying Disney bounding. In case you haven’t heard of it, this is basically wearing modern clothes which bring to mind a Disney character without wearing any sort of costume. My husband is usually enjoys watching not participating in our shenanigans, but finally gave in since we technically aren’t wearing any costumes. He is tall with red hair so we have assigned him to be Heihei the rooster from Moana on the day we do that movie. With his red hair we are thinking a gold golf shirt and blue and green plaid Bermuda shorts. I wish we could get him some gold sneakers but we’re trying to do this as low cost as possible. I’m going as Moana’s Grandma Tala. I like orange so I already have an orange tank top.

2 Likes